• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hurricane Ian coverage

From what I’ve heard so far, ‘FLA is simulcasting on iHeart stations up and down the coast, ‘TSP is simulcasting on 94.9, and ‘FTS is simulcasting on all the Beasley stations. In Ft. Myers, ‘RXK is simulcasting ‘BBH.

(Right as I sent this, the Cox streams stopped - not sure if they have an outage.)

Last edited:
There will be deaths, no doubt. This is about as close to Cat 5 as it gets and it may even reach Cat 5.
PRAYERS UP for Florida...God bless those emergency responders and power companies down there

WAVV 101.1 seems knocked off air - stream not working.

Last edited:
WINK-11 anchors are getting very worried. Telling people to stay calm and that they will be on the air as long as possible.
Many rescue calls on the Lee County EMS/Fire scanner.

Do the Fort Myers/Naples TV stations have sites to evacuate to if flooding were to take over studios and equipment?

PS this is why FM tuners should be in cell phones

That's what the NextRadio app is for. Use your headphones, which acts as an antenna, and boom... FM radio on your phone.

By the way, let me add the South Florida situation.

As of 2:00pm ET
WFOR is OFF, but WTVJ, WSVN, WPLG, and WSCV are ON. The last one is not surprising because WSCV is also seen in Fort Myers during the day on WWDT but also has a PB-based feed on 51.4 and on cable.

Lee County EMS/Fire scanner just knocked off the air. WINK-11 still on with emergency info.

WBBH-20 'NBC 2' and WZVN-26 'ABC 7' stream stopped working at 2:39 ET - assumed off the air entirely
WFTX's transmitter is also in Charlotte County and I don't know their status at this time.

Google mapped an address that my parents moved into back in 1962 in Pinellas Park when I was a wee lad. A tree I planted back in 1962 was still there, bigger than life now! Surprised that it was still there after all the storms that have passed through the area. Can remember when we used to go on Sunday drives and it was turning pretty dark in the area we lived. The old man decided that we better go home. We got there only to find a small tornado had passed through, ripped off half our neighbors roof and thrown it in our backyard pool. No damage to our house. Amazing that the house my parents bought for $11,000 back then is now worth over $300,000!To this day, you can still see the section of roof on our neighbor's house that had been repaired. Can remember going through hurricanes and watching transformers explode in the area. When the eye went over can remember running outside to get stuff that had been torn loose , front storm door ripped off and tossed into the bushes where it left a perfect imprint of the door due to the winds pushing it down., tree branches, etc. Don't know why they did this back then but our roof had a pebble coating and the winds stripped all the pebbles off it. Replaced with shingles after that.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the internet and cell service are still good in Cape Coral. The power has been out for several hours. Cape Coral is in the eye now and it's currently calm where my family is hunkered down. But the worst half of the hurricane is yet to come with the water.

WBBH-20 'NBC 2' and WZVN-26 'ABC 7' stream stopped working at 2:39 ET - assumed off the air entirely
WFTX's transmitter is also in Charlotte County and I don't know their status at this time.
Nope, seeing their broadcast feeds via IPTV, WBBH & WZVN are still on the air & so is WFTX.

WINK must be off since their live stream is dead.

WINK Television has evacuated to the 2nd floor. The surge has taken over the outside of the building. :(
My guess is every SW FL FM/AM is off, maybe some in Sarasota, may check later.

They had water in the studio an hour ago.

Last edited:
Orlando iHeart music stations are all simulcasting news now. WDBO is in even more of a "we're all gonna die" panic tabloid style delivery than they usually are. Domino on 1059 Sunny FM just gave away Tijuana Flats cash after playing Duran Duran and never even mentioned the storm.

My dad lives on the west side of Cape Coral about 1 mile from the golf. He's 94 years old and his house is on a salt water canal.

A half hour ago the canal was sucked dry by the storm.
You GULF not Golf? Fore.!
Hope your Dad evacuated the area.

Golf courses and alligators will be scattered by this massive storm. The combination of wind, storm surge, and sheer volume of rain is staggering. The aftermath will be sobering...

Fort Myers Broadcasting FM streams aren't working (WINK-FM, WHEL, etc.)
Operation Stormwatch continues on WFLA, WMTX, WCTQ, and many other iHeart stations. But how many are *really* off the air OTA?

Fort Myers Broadcasting FM streams aren't working (WINK-FM, WHEL, etc.)

That's because all FMBC/Sun Broadcasting stations are off-the-air right now.

WBBH back on; they are begging strandees to get on their roof and beg for help. Serious messages by the lead anchors.
"Get a flotation device and try to ride it out." "Don't think about the attic, you will drown."

Back
Top Bottom