• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Howard Stern

spymovie7

Inactive
Inactive User
Is his show living up to expectations?

Have satellite radio sales gone up since he made the move?

How much have the ratings fallen off for David Lee Roth?

> Is his show living up to expectations?
>
> Have satellite radio sales gone up since he made the move?
>
> How much have the ratings fallen off for David Lee Roth?
>

i say its been better than when he was on edited FM radio ...
and when i listen to music i dont miss FM radio or its commericals endlessly ...

> How much have the ratings fallen off for David Lee Roth?
No trends out yet. First ratings book wont be out for months. Stern was #1 M25-54 in the Fall Book (yes, Stern beat the Ticket in Men during football season) and Top 5 for Adults. DLR certainly wont hit those numbers. The question is how will listeners balance inexperienced broadcasting with the curriosity factor and a heavy marketing campaign. 24% of KLLIs average quarter hour is exclusive listeners (meaning they listen to 105.3 or switch off the radio) and 78% P1. Are they listening to David as a guilty pleasure as Russ Martin continues to blast him on a daily basis or are they tuning out? Will Morning Edge listeners show up in DLR in the 2nd trend?
Everyone in the radio business knows that the being the show following Stern is a no win situation, no serious radio guys want that job. The guy who follows the guy after Stern, has a real chance for long term success. A lot of broadcasters want to be that guy.
DRL has a proven track record for blowing up and taking off. He will. Its only a matter of time. His show is a train wreck. How many people want to watch it go off the tracks? Thats the question.
Rubbernecker Radio. Mornings 6-10 on FREE FM LIVE 105.3

> i say its been better than when he was on edited FM radio
> ...
> and when i listen to music i dont miss FM radio or its
> commericals endlessly ...

I haven't heard the "new Stern" yet, but travel the country on business and have had satellite equipped cars. I've always liked the "local flavor" of radio stations, good or bad and I think that unique character is lacking in satellite.
When I'm local here in Dallas, I'm still tuning into Roth. I think its that train wreck factor! Plus I get a kick out of catching his many mistakes. It must make me feel superior.

Personally I like his show much more than when it was on terrestrial radio. He as well as everyone on the show seem much more relaxed. I get to listen to him on the way in to work in the morning and I must say I find him a lot funnier than when he was under Infinity.

Definetly worth the $12.95/mo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom