• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Howard Stern taken to task over insults aimed at Gaboury Sidibe

• Thread starter Corned Beef and Cabbage
  • Start date
I think this has the potential to knock Stern down to as low as 40th on next year's Talkers Heavy Hundred list! :eek:

The "funny" thing about this clip is that it's not funny.

Fred chimed in ONCE! And he just said, "you'll do." Where's the funny Howard? If you're gonna poke fun at a fat chick... DO IT!!!
Artie is sorely missed.

Somewhere around 8-10 years ago, Robin was reading the news. Story about a toddler that got backed over in the driveway.
Turned into ten minute bit, with Fred playing sound effects, maybe Gilbert Godfrey was there, and I'm laughing in the car
thinking we're all going to hell.

Anything can be funny, but that clip was just mean.

buffalotom said:
The "funny" thing about this clip is that it's not funny.

Fred chimed in ONCE! And he just said, "you'll do." Where's the funny Howard? If you're gonna poke fun at a fat chick... DO IT!!!
Artie is sorely missed.

Somewhere around 8-10 years ago, Robin was reading the news. Story about a toddler that got backed over in the driveway.
Turned into ten minute bit, with Fred playing sound effects, maybe Gilbert Godfrey was there, and I'm laughing in the car
thinking we're all going to hell.

Anything can be funny, but that clip was just mean.
Actually, I didn't find the clip any different from Stern's usual tactics. It's not unlike Stern to make fun of appearances. How many times has he made fun of Gary Dellabate's teeth?

Sure it was mean, but for Howard it was just another day at the office. Fred hardly ever chimes in at all and Robin always got on my nerves because she never seems to have an opinion of her own and just agrees with Howard all the time no matter what they are talking about.

On the flip side, he kind of has a point. What is her future with hollywood? There are several fat male actors but female? I think the main point he was trying to make is that Oprah is out of her mind if she thinks there is a future career here.

Opinions have been wrong before, though.

I disagree just to disagree.

I don't know what a day in the office is for Howard anymore. It used to be humor. So he gave that up?

I'm siting an example from years ago when the show was about jokes, is the show moving away from that? There's
no point on dumping on people for the sake of being ugly or fat, if it's not funny.

And I could listen to Gary teeth JOKES all day long!

At this point, Howard Hoffman on his own Facebook page brings more funny than Howard Stern.

It's a non-issue but I guess it's good publicity for Stern and Sirius. If Stern just put it another way like for example saying that she'll be typecasted as the fat girl no one would care. I think that was what he was trying to say. It just came out the wrong way.

howard's show has never so much been about jokes,but a celebration of the fact that people have a very mean spirited inclination which everyone pretends we don't have but everyone knows that we do...
mean spiritedness rocks!
(limbaugh and beck come from this same angle,and while I was making punk rock records, so was I, for that matter, so being in a glass house, i'm not throwing stones...)

I have to say that was the most lucid and accurate post LaLumia has had in months. There was still a glint of his delusional "everybody needs more NYC punk from the 70's" hangup, but well done sir!

and delusional or not, the wise CHR is the one that starts programming the original version of "Cherry Bomb" by The Runaways in the next few days as the film prepares to tear into theatres...itza hit Itellya!!!!

NO.... Howard called her a PHAT chic . PHAT ( Pretty,Hot,and Tempting ).

rapking said:
NO.... Howard called her a PHAT chic . PHAT ( Pretty,Hot,and Tempting ).

Yes... and then he said she is the size of a planet. Maybe he meant a small planet. That wouldn't be quite as mean. lol

Oddly enough, Gabourey Sidibe was on The Soup last night. And she was pretty good.
Big girl, great personality. I hope she does make it.

I'd hit that!

buffalotom said:
Oddly enough, Gabourey Sidibe was on The Soup last night. And she was pretty good.

I'd hit that!
The Money that she is making now I'd hit that also !

rapking said:
buffalotom said:

I'd hit that!
The Money that she is making now I'd hit that also !

You guys are either HIGH or you have a real hard time meeting women. I don't mind a little extra weight. But Gaboury looks like she is about to explode.

Money make everyone look good . Why do you think chics love Flava flav ?

buffalotom said:

I'd hit that!

Figures she was on a show named after food.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom