• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How to run a Part 15 24/7?

How can my Part 15 station stay on 24/7? I have a whole house FM transmitter, and the jango mobile app on my ipod. sometimes the app crashes after running it for 2 hours. On my ipod there are only 150 songs in the playlist.

I've mostly used ZaraRadio for 24 hour operation.

The only problem I had was that it was on an older computer, which would occasionally show
"low on resources" and cause the file playing on-air to hang. Sounded like a CD that has gotten stuck and plays the same note over and over. That was a computer issue, not a Zara issue. And it didn't happen often.

I would recommend Zararadio. I have used Zara on a Compact Evo (2Ghz Intel Celeron w/ 256 Megs of RAM with a SB Live! soundcard) 24x7x365 for 3 years, and have never had the slightest glitch. For free software, it is fantastic. Of course, I have had reboots due to power failures and the like, but never because of the software hanging. Get it, you will not be dissapointed.

Our test bench transmitters run on StationPlaylist without any issues. With built-in self-scheduling system I never need to touch it once a format is programmed into it. It's great to hear several AM and FM signals that I can compare general audio quality and coverage with ease.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom