• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How low can you go?

So, Cumulus has a CHR Mainstream on in Des Moines (98-3 The Vibe) which has had a 12 plus of a 0.6 and 0.9 in the last two books respectively.

This in a market with two other CHR mainstreams (Hits 99-9) which is translator which is beating them with a 1.0 and 1.1 in the last two books, 12 plus.

Finally i hearts KISS 107-5 maintains its dominance by far in the full 4.0-6.0 range depending.

Cumulus has only put two shows on which are both satellite fed weekdays. One in the morning and one in the evening. They went CHR in May of 21. Have only had 3 books I can think of in the low 2’s everything else has been the 1s or now recently below. It’s a 50,000 watts station.

What could the goal possibly be. The other CHRs have been on for 10-20 years. It’s an established CHR market. Is this just how bad Cumulus is???!

So, Cumulus has a CHR Mainstream on in Des Moines (98-3 The Vibe) which has had a 12 plus of a 0.6 and 0.9 in the last two books respectively.

This in a market with two other CHR mainstreams (Hits 99-9) which is translator which is beating them with a 1.0 and 1.1 in the last two books, 12 plus.

Finally i hearts KISS 107-5 maintains its dominance by far in the full 4.0-6.0 range depending.

Cumulus has only put two shows on which are both satellite fed weekdays. One in the morning and one in the evening. They went CHR in May of 21. Have only had 3 books I can think of in the low 2’s everything else has been the 1s or now recently below. It’s a 50,000 watts station.

What could the goal possibly be. The other CHRs have been on for 10-20 years. It’s an established CHR market. Is this just how bad Cumulus is???!
Our cumulus pop has low demo numbers and overall has a 2.1 in kc. Cumulus can't do pop

What about Atlanta?
Also Colorado Springs and Providence, in addition to KRBE in Houston performing substantially relative to 2-3 months ago.

However, the Cumulus pop station in Dallas can't even crack a 2 share, much less be in parity with iHeart's KHKS.

Adding to my original post, they don’t put jack for effort into their stations. They will wait for the ratings to increase before they add more personalities or shows which is counterintuitive.

As I’ve always heard elsewhere they put minimal effort in and expect the world.

They’ve never had to put much format effort forward in Des Moines as they inherited their two countries and a classic rock. They also have a very low rated sports station. It’s a barebones operation.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom