• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How is 1510 paying their bills.

I never have a problem admitting when I am wrong. I predicted that 1510's current talk format would have failed by now and at this point they would be all brokered ethnic or totally leasing out the station to some other programmer.

Yes they got the station at a rock bottom price but they still have the expensive lease for transmitter site, the big monthly electric bill, along with the other general operating cots including salaries for Berner, Pica, Shack and McPhee. Who knows what the deal is with Shortsleve. Recently, I have heard McPhee doing My Pillow reads ( they seem to be on every station in the market) and I was surprised to hear spots New England Subaru. Other than that the local spots are few and far between. They sell some block time on the weekends but I find it hard to believe that is covering their nut.

Somehow they are paying their bills. Any theories?

Deep pockets

I never have a problem admitting when I am wrong. I predicted that 1510's current talk format would have failed by now and at this point they would be all brokered ethnic or totally leasing out the station to some other programmer.

Yes they got the station at a rock bottom price but they still have the expensive lease for transmitter site, the big monthly electric bill, along with the other general operating cots including salaries for Berner, Pica, Shack and McPhee. Who knows what the deal is with Shortsleve. Recently, I have heard McPhee doing My Pillow reads ( they seem to be on every station in the market) and I was surprised to hear spots New England Subaru. Other than that the local spots are few and far between. They sell some block time on the weekends but I find it hard to believe that is covering their nut.

The owners are pouring money into it to keep it afloat, but those pockets aren't bottomless so it is a matter of time!

I dunno. I don't spend time doing financial analysis on stations that I don't know or have had any relationship with.

Seems to me 1510 could do real well if they take in all those brokered-time folks who WRCA kicked off. And with WMEX keeping the Saturday afternoons, evenings, nights for their row of rock 'n roll oldies shows they presently have.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom