• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How do you rate Dick Clark's Rockin New Years Eve?

Here's an interesting little tidbit.

According to webmaster Steve Beverly on tvgameshows.net, all of Dick Clark's spots on Rockin Eve (both this year and last year) were pre-taped for future insertion into the show (much like the pre-taped parties in California, New York or wherever).

Dick's 1-second off 16-second countown to the ball drop, his midnight kiss with his wife Kari, his chatter with Ryan Seacrest when Seacrest eventually moved into the studio a little after midnight......it was all pre-taped according to Steve Beverly.

I suppose it makes sense from a medical point of view. What if Dick suddenly had medical problems live on the air?? Maybe Dick really cant stay up that late anymore? Maybe, as a stroke survivor, he needs his rest.

Whatever the reason, they sure fooled me if it's true. I'm curious now, if it's really true, how much earlier the scenes were taped.....earlier in the evening?? the previous week?? the previous year after taping last year's scenes??

Dick could host for another 20 years if everything is pre-taped.

I think it's time for Dick Clark to "pass the torch". It's too sad and depressing. Time for us to move on. But if he wants to stay on, let him. I respect ABC for letting him stay around.

I don't know why everyone hates Ryan Seacrest so much. You guys would probably hate anyone who'll be filling Clark's shoes someday. I like him. He's not Dick Clark, but I still like him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom