• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How do you make a Great Air Check?

I'm interested to ask anyone here. What do PD's expect to hear on an aircheck when searching for new talent. Some say they want airchecks from your last gig, or best of from all your gigs, or make a mock aircheck of the station that you are applying. what do you think is the best way to show your talents to impress the PD?

I've been a station manager for quite sometime and can tell you that from my perspective, I want to hear your "voice" not something that's been manipulated to the point that when I actually give you an assignment it doesn't sound anything like your demo. Let me hear you. If you can do voice imaging with sound effects etc. and the like that's good but send me a separate cut displaying this talent.

If you have previous recordings from a previous radio station employer send them but they should be as true as possible. I know some stations run a ton of reverb so that it sounds like you're in a tunnel. I don't want that.

I believe others will concur with me.

We hire from Voice123 and have had good results overall but we have had problems with some people not actually sounding like their demos. Josh - LIFT FM

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom