• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot MOR

Milton, Florida, has a radio station that features what I call "Hot MOR". That station is Memories 1490 WECM. I call it "Hot MOR" because they mix Adult Standards music with hip stuff like "What About Love" by Heart and "Anytime At All" by the Beatles. Most Adult Standards stations play only the softer Beatles tunes, e.g., "Yesterday", "Something", "Here Comes the Sun", etc. "Anytime At All" is rather loud and rocky. Heart is appropriate for Mainstream AC. Memories 1490 even mixes in contemporary country music. So, they are pretty much going all over the place music-wise.

That is basic traditional MOR. A little from various genres. "Anytime At All" sounds like a bit much for my tastes (in an MOR context) but with certain audiences it works. I programmed an MOR station in the early 90's and included country (as our area was heavily into that) and more rock like oldies. What matters most is the songs you surround them with.

Its a great format idea, but you have to really listen to your audience to know how to blend the music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom