• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Holy digital time delay, Batman!

One of the locals is struggling with time delay from analog to digital lately. I don’t listen to that station much, and I’m accustomed to most having a slight ‘stutter’ when the receiver shifts from analog to digital. There are only a very few where I can’t hear any time shift at all. Lately one has been struggling, though. I’ve timed the delay with a stopwatch for a couple or three days, and today it’s nearing 9 seconds! That’s more than a full second worse than it was a couple days ago. Whew! Maybe the heat is messing with something. LOL!

HD Radio has a "ballgame mode" which turns off the analog delay so that people in the stadium can hear live play-by-play with minimal delay. But anyone with an HD receiver will hear the last 8 seconds repeated when the digital signal starts decoding.

HD Radio has a "ballgame mode" which turns off the analog delay so that people in the stadium can hear live play-by-play with minimal delay. But anyone with an HD receiver will hear the last 8 seconds repeated when the digital signal starts decoding.

And KMVP is notorious for using "ballgame mode" for AWAY games, too! 😕

One of the locals is struggling with time delay from analog to digital lately. I don’t listen to that station much, and I’m accustomed to most having a slight ‘stutter’ when the receiver shifts from analog to digital. There are only a very few where I can’t hear any time shift at all. Lately one has been struggling, though. I’ve timed the delay with a stopwatch for a couple or three days, and today it’s nearing 9 seconds! That’s more than a full second worse than it was a couple days ago. Whew! Maybe the heat is messing with something. LOL!
I'm guessing this is 95.5? This might be due to the tower work that's happening on South Mountain. They lower the power or turn off the HD, it messes up the delay sometimes.

I'm guessing this is 95.5? This might be due to the tower work that's happening on South Mountain. They lower the power or turn off the HD, it messes up the delay sometimes.
95.5 has been stuttering horribly for at least a few weeks now.

It is 95.5, yes. It was strange to hear a line in a song, and then hear the same line again, when I got in the car one day after someone else had been driving it. I started timing it every day or few after that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom