• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hits FM signal

So how good is WYUL's signal? I've been following the station for a while and I'm going to Montreal soon. I've heard that their signal is good in the West Island, but is it actually static free? I'm guessing that the station is pretty clear in Montenegie but is quite staticky (barely audible). in downtown and east/northward. I also know of quite a few residents of the West Island who listen to hits fm, so that must mean it is quite clear there. Are these statements true or not?

My experience (using a G8) show a listenable signal downtown as well as the west island. I didn't have much in the way of dropouts anywhere. Then again, the G8 is know for being an outstanding FM radio. I have heard people say they have problems hearing it downtown. I get stations on the G8 that I am not only out of range of, I have no problem with signal challenged FMs at all when next to a high powered FM transmitter. Your experience will not be as good on another radio, but you should be able to hear it west of downtown, and even up north into Laval without too much difficulty.

Wait, which G8? I'm gonna put it on my Christmas list.

Anyways, yeah people have said the station has crappy reception (can't be heard at all in MTL) but yeah, that isn't true. Good to know. Have any other people received it well in MTL besides on the West Island?

I have the G8 traveller 2, which was discontinued, the new version is supposed to be much improved on AM but worse on FM.
Time of year and day will have an impact on how well you hear the signal. It gets out. Sometimes it booms into Ottawa, but only on hot, humid nights. It does hit Laval, but I haven't heard of any reception east of downtown. I think the further you are from Mount Royal, the less likely your radio is to be overloaded, making reception easier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom