• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hippie's owner wants to move here from Terre Haute

N

NashRadio

but can't afford to, or so he said on the air earlier in the week. Should I be worried?

Dean - why should you be worried? It was more tongue-in-cheek humor. But, still pointed. Man, the stations just a year old. It takes time and when you ain't got corporate stock induced dollars to cover a new start up, you have to be cautious and not quit your day job, especially if you are a top exec. I think it's a good NEW situation in the making, Doug. ;D

Always dangerous to assume, but should we assume that Hippie is not yet an Arbitron subscriber? They continue to be invisible in the ratings. Which makes their continuing reference to becoming "#1" even more disingenuous than some of the other foolishness they say. If, on the other hand, they ARE a subscriber, it's time to man the lifeboats.

Rocky - Lightning and Hippie both don't subscribe to Arbritron. Why should they? It's just to expensive. I guess the claim of becoming Nashville's number one station is more of a fun pipe dream and actually maybe more poking fun at the chances since Hippie also pokes fun at it's signal size. I dunno, maybe it's like telling yourself everyday that you actually might get the woman of your dreams. You tell yourself, and others, it will happen and one day, it might just happen?!? What is interesting is Hippie and Lightning are closer and/or bigger in the numbers than The Game, with a heck of a lot less cost of doing business.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom