• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Herman Cain to WSJS

Just happened to be on their website and stumbled upon this

http://wsjs.com/Article.asp?id=2606557&spid=

I haven't heard Herman on the air, but he's a charismatic guy and I bet it's somewhat entertaining. And at least it will give them some live programming, half of their lineup is on tape delay it seems....a ratings rebound?!?!??! Highly doubt it but I like the move nonetheless.

And right as I write this at 5:44 on Monday January 21st I hear someone who's not Bob Campbell that's rammmmmmmmmbling about the Super Bowl and "Can't remember this and Can't remember that" He hasn't said his name once either. Are they just pulling in warm bodies of the street and giving them free food to be on the air? Who the hell is this? Is Campbell gone?

If you want to read about a bunch of "Hot Air" Go to that link and read the descriptions of the on air ?? Personalities".. Wow..the Sports director used to run a clothing store...By the looks of the picture, he needs to go back and get some of those clothes..

My sister turned me on to Herman Cain before to ran for President. No liking the violent, abusive style of Savage, I enjoyed listening to Herman. As he started to run for President, he did fewer shows and then finally, he pulled the plug to run for President. He was a regular fill-in for Neil Bortz, story is that he got the Bortz show deal along with the syndication package.

No doubt that running any show live is better than tape delay for helping generate that local call-in capability.

they bumped david ramsey into the 1-3pm slot...wheres clark howard.... boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! .... at least I can get WPTK out of raleigh.

can't really see herman as the long-term replacement for boortz. his southern drawl is tedious and distracting. also, unlike boortz, cain is more conservative than libertarian, which makes him less attractive to the core boortz listeners, and less interesting overall

Yeah I'm listening this morning, he's beyond terrible...His stupidity really comes through on the air, Everything is conservative talking point vagaries "Deregulation, too much spending, etc etc" Nothing of a substance. People calling in seem like they just want to talk to him and talk about how much they love him.

Hannity, Rush, Boortz, a majority of the big right talkers are very articulate. Mr. "9, 9, 9" doesn't seem that way.

I totally understand why WSJS picked him and it may even be good for them. But in a business where articulation is key and drawing people in through effective speaking....Herman doesn't seem totally up to snuff.

Now that Chambliss is leaving the Senate in 2014, I would expect Herman to pursue that seat...and the suits won't have to admit Herman Cain on the radio was a truly AWFUL idea

For the record, Herman had a show on WSB for years, and was frequently the fill in for Boortz, before becoming a presidential candidate.

disgruntled said:
can't really see herman as the long-term replacement for boortz. his southern drawl is tedious and distracting. also, unlike boortz, cain is more conservative than libertarian, which makes him less attractive to the core boortz listeners, and less interesting overall

Totally agree. I am in Atlanta, and HC is boring..his voice is hard on the ears. He could never replace Boortz, and it won't be long before Cox realizes their mistake. There are so many others who would have been a better replacement. Cox has already lost affiliates that plugged into the Boortz show.

Tho Boortz is a hard act to follow, HC is a mistake.

The Atlanta boards give him less than a year before he is out

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom