• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Heard an FM station from Oahu on the eastern side of the Big Island for the first time

I was on my way home from Hilo and had stopped in Keaau.

While waiting for my brother to go in a store, I was just tuning the FM dial and there was KSSK from Honolulu on 92.3!

I've heard Oahu FM stations on the other side of the Big Island and up farther north of Hilo on the coast where the elevation is above 2,000 feet but never in all these years have I ever heard any Oahu FM stations here on the east side of the island because they are blocked by the terrain in the middle of the island which is several thousand feet even at the lowest point.

The weather conditions were not good at all for tropo and there's even an upper low near us making widespread rain.

One thing that I did notice was that the signal was not steady at all like tropo. It was fading in and out like you'd have with E skip but the transmitter is only 235 miles away.

I got a quick video with a station ID.

Can anyone explain this?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom