• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HD Station Logos

Just curious as to what would cause an HD station logo to appear on another HD station? Here in DFW, 94.5’s logo often appears on 94.1 and 94.9.

When I was in St. Louis, 104.9’s logo appeared on 103.3 and I think there was also a station in Oklahoma City that had the same issue.

Just curious as to what would cause an HD station logo to appear on another HD station? Here in DFW, 94.5’s logo often appears on 94.1 and 94.9.

When I was in St. Louis, 104.9’s logo appeared on 103.3 and I think there was also a station in Oklahoma City that had the same issue.
Is your question/examples using the same radio?

Sorry for the delay in my response. I have 4 HD radios, but only one that will display logos/album art. It just seems a bit weird that only one station’s logo in DFW will appear on nearby frequencies.

The other times I’ve noticed this happen, the stations involved in each market have been owned by the same company.

From my experience and just the information I can see with the radios I have, a lot of HD Radio stations aren’t fully set up and/or are missing details. At least 3 stations in DFW have “HD Radio…www.HD-Radio.com” as their slogan/message. Until recently one of them used to say, “This is a big long message from the station.”.

Heck, 3 stations can’t even program their RDS correctly, as they’ve had a static PS with Artist/Title info in only the radio text for at least 6 months now. Also, an HD2 was airing the wrong audio for almost 2 months before it was noticed and fixed. I’m pretty detail oriented and I understand that engineers don’t always have the time to fix every little issue. However, I’d expect a bit more in market #5.

For these reasons, I believe the issue may be a bit more than a glitch in my car radio. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in my response. I have 4 HD radios, but only one that will display logos/album art. It just seems a bit weird that only one station’s logo in DFW will appear on nearby frequencies.
Not all HD stations display what's called PAD data (album art, graphics, etc.) My guess is your radio downloads graphics from one stations PAD, you change frequencies, but the graphics from the other station remain on the display until either another graphic is displayed, or you turn the radio off and back on, clearing the data.
From my experience and just the information I can see with the radios I have, a lot of HD Radio stations aren’t fully set up and/or are missing details. At least 3 stations in DFW have “HD Radio…www.HD-Radio.com” as their slogan/message. Until recently one of them used to say, “This is a big long message from the station.”.
That's probably a static default message set up in the station's HD importer. Nobody thought to change it from the default.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom