• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HD Radio in Oklahoma

StonesRock

Inactive
Inactive User
Does anybody have a list of current stations that are broadcating HD in Oklahoma?

Curious if I should ask Santa to bring me a radio with HD.

Thanks!

KJTH-FM HD out of Ponca City OKlahoma, even though the actual tower is on the Grant/Garfield county line, halfway between Enid and Ponca City. I have been able to get the HD signal in a car stereo all the way to the west side of Bartlesville, about 80 miles away.

Also, TU broadcast their station in HD.

The biggest problem with HD right now is that it is all Digital or nothing. So instead of gettting static like you do with Analog, the Digital signal will just drop out if it can not be at 100 percent. (as with anything else digital)

> Does anybody have a list of current stations that are
> broadcating HD in Oklahoma?
>
> Curious if I should ask Santa to bring me a radio with HD.
>
> Thanks!
>

> The biggest problem with HD right now is that it is all
> Digital or nothing. So instead of gettting static like you
> do with Analog, the Digital signal will just drop out if it
> can not be at 100 percent. (as with anything else digital)

Sounds like the HD signal has better range than the analog signal. As I've been told, the current HD radios are designed to pick up the analog signal the second they lose the digital as IBOC digital is, at least for now, piggybacked on the analog signal. Of course, their description of it as a seemless transition ignores that the digital signal has approximately an 8 second delay from the analog signal, though I understand you can also delay the analog broadcast to be on par with the digital.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom