• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Has Cromwell Given up on 102.5 The Game and the Game Network?

Firepoint- good point! It is sort of a fun thought process to consider if Bud should actually look at the option of being number one in say Murfreesboro and that corridor and hope to get "a little" extra Nashville business with a format that would work for that city vs. Nashville proper. Hence, play to a smaller area, but try to rule it. Not sure, but from what you guys have posted on here, that area would get the better reception / signal. Could be wrong on what area they should target most. Maybe Franklin, etc.

As for Hippie, where exactly are you hitting the weak spots? The tower is on the single tower at 40W and McCrory. Even though that tower is not overly tall, the signal rolls out to downtown and actually overshoots the city because downtown is in the basin/bowl. The hill there at 440 nails it pretty good, as do, to a lesser degree, all the hills near Bellevue. Overall, though, it is a stronger than it should be signal. If the area was only flat...it would indeed be impressive. Great engineering work, all within FCC guidelines. But, it can and will only be so much.

Last edited:
Firepoint- good point! It is sort of a fun thought process to consider if Bud should actually look at the option of being number one in say Murfreesboro and that corridor and hope to get "a little" extra Nashville business with a format that would work for that city vs. Nashville proper. Hence, play to a smaller area, but try to rule it. Not sure, but from what you guys have posted on here, that area would get the better reception / signal. Could be wrong on what area they should target most. Maybe Franklin, etc.
102.5 generally hits the Nashville to Clarksville corridor fairly well, but according to the radio locator maps (and what JWK tells me), they are simply non-existent in the 'boro, save for a small translator. So MTSU's "flagship" station is basically unlistenable at MTSU, except for maybe that translator. By comparison, WVRY throws a strong signal over Clarksville (I know that from having lived there for a while myself), so they make sense as a flagship station for APSU.
As for Hippie, where exactly are you hitting the weak spots? The tower is on the single tower at 40W and McCrory. Even though that tower is not overly tall, the signal rolls out to downtown and actually overshoots the city because downtown is in the basin/bowl. The hill there at 440 nails it pretty good, as do, to a lesser degree, all the hills near Bellevue. Overall, though, it is a stronger than it should be signal. If the area was only flat...it would indeed be impressive. Great engineering work, all within FCC guidelines. But, it can and will only be so much.
There is a parking lot or two (or the occasional traffic light) in west Nashville where the signal breaks up some for me. But it is definitely better than some on here would have had you to believe.

There is a ridge or two here that breaks up the signal of everything on the "wrong" side of that ridge. For example, I can pick up Lite 98.7 out of Hopkinsville nearly everywhere that I go, save for a ridge near the Bellevue Shoney's, and another one further out on highway 70. But I live an hour away from Hoptown, so that should be expected.

I remember a ridge like that in northwest Tennessee, near Reelfoot Lake, and when I was on the "wrong" side of that ridge, it seemed like I could not pick up ANY Tennessee stations. I could only get out-of-state stations. Of course, that was only for a few hundred feet or so, so it was not really that big of a deal. Just that it was a remote area (at least for radio listening) back at that time. They probably have translators to fill in that area some now, if the listenership is there to support it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom