• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hartford Ratings Nov. '19

rch 10.1 - 9.8
drc-fm 7.2 - 7.0
yz 7.7 - 6.7
tic-am 7.4 - 6.6
tic-fm 6.2 - 6.2
hcn 5.8 - 5.7
zmx 6.7 - 5.7
kss 5.7 - 5.1
npr 4.5 - 4.2
mrq 3.9 - 4.0
ucs 1.6 - 1.8
drc-am 0.7 - 0.7
fcr 0.8 - 0.4
nty 0.3 - 0.3
pop 0.1 - 0.1

Almost every station in the market went down. I don't know to what, but i-Heart should find another format for WPOP 1410/100.9 ditto with Full Power Radio and 1360/103.3 FM.

I'm sure Brad Davis' daily right-wing gabfest on DRC still gets local advertisers who go back a long way with him and want to reach an older, conservative audience. Does POP have any local content or is it 100 percent second- and third-tier national conservative talk? Is it still carrying any sports play-by-play?

It is weird that only WUCS and WMRQ were up at all, and both were well within the margin of error, so EVERY station in the market could have been down! How does this happen? Is there some out-of-market interloper stealing listeners? Has everyone discovered college radio all at once? Where DID those listeners all go?

Does POP have any local content or is it 100 percent second- and third-tier national conservative talk? Is it still carrying any sports play-by-play?

Does importing Vinnie Penn from WELI in New Haven count as local? As for play by play?

Hartford Yard Goats Baseball

New York Giants Football

UCONN Basketball if the Men and Women are playing at the same time

Um, I'm not sure if they still carry Wolfpack Hockey and CCSU Blue Devils sports.

I find it funny that WFCR-FM 88.5 of Amherst, MA ranks higher than WPOP-AM! :rolleyes:

It does offer programming found nowhere else in the market (except for WMNR's flea-powered translators, and 3 hours of random pieces from the Beethoven Network for three hours each weekday on WJMJ) -- classical music, which Connecticut Public Radio dropped several years ago. I'm sure a lot of its Connecticut listeners are former WNPR listeners. Other than the play-by-play, 'POP offers right-wing talk, which Hartford listeners can also get from WTIC and WDRC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom