• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Guess it's just my stereo...

Doing a little DXing on a Realistic STA-2000D receiver. This baby's got some power in the tuner! Pulled in Rock 106.9 out of Victoria over The Point. Pulled in some classic rock on 104.5, thought it was KZEP, turned out it was "Classic Rock 104.5" out of Corpus Christi. KSMG over 104.9's simulcast, the usual Beaumont stations like Big Dog 106 and Kicker 95.1. 99.5 KISS is booming in like a local.

Wonder what I can pick up on the AM side....

My radio did too, I couldn't listen to El Norte on neither 107.9 nor on 101.7. And La Que Buena 93.3 had a lot of static..

sdh483 said:
Doing a little DXing on a Realistic STA-2000D receiver. This baby's got some power in the tuner!

I went through a phase of loving analog tuners. I never had a 2000D but had a STA-2080 (the model that replaced the 2000D) very briefly. Liked it but the 2000D was much nicer looking IMO. I'd trade 'em and finally ended up with 3 (a Marantz, a Sansui and a McIntosh) for a while before selling them. Nothing like an analog. I miss those things.

Tonight, KOUL out of Corpus Christi was fighting with KHJK and eventually won for an hour on my Pioneer TX-6500II tuner. I'm also hearing SWV on 98.5 on the Realistic now; either La Raza is back to KISS98.5 or KBXX in San Antonio is clobbering the frequency...well there's the ID, it's The Beat afterall.

Time to get the minidisc recorder ready to make airchecks. ;D

And today I was able to pick up some Regional Mexican Station on 107.1 fm. Dont know where it came from also picked up 103.5.

Worked on TV as well. I picked up Channel 25 out of Victoria as well as its 3 subchannels from North Houston. I have never been able to do this. On the radio side, I received KPUS/Gregory-Corpus at 104.5, thinking the same thing you did...but alas it wasn't K-Zep. Also had a mix of tejano and rock on 99.5. Obviously the rock was KISS/San Antonio but couldn't ID the tejano music on the frequency. I assume it was KKPS/Brownsville, but that's a long way to travel up here to Houston for FM. Had KLTO in and out as well, even with KBXX right next door. Biggest surprise of the day was Lake Charles' KKGB 101.3 next door to Mega. Caught it at 2 different times of the day, and while not the best signal, strong enough to listen to. Also had KBIU 103.3 "Jack-FM" from Lake Charles knocking semi-local KJOJ-FM/Freeport completely out of the picture.

Also picked one up that I haven't heard on the air in ages. KUZN-FM/Centerville at 105.9. Last time I caught KUZN it was dead air and had been for umpteen months. Looks like it is now part of the Radio Aleluya bunch as it sounded eerily like KRTX/Rosenberg now. This seems kind of odd for the type of people that live up there in Leon County. Don't know too many Spanish religious folks in that area of Texas, but que sera sera.

Mr.Texmex, that 107.1 is from Bastrop, Texas serving Austin. It used to be KGSR, but is now a Regional Mexican station I think called "La Zeta". New call is KLZT/Bastrop-Austin. 103.5 is KBPA/San Marcos-Austin lovingly known as "Bob".

Nice catch of The Beat in San Antonio, sdh. I've never gotten it over La Raza. You must live more out west.

LibertyNT said:
Tropoduction Was Listed As extreme along the Gulf Today. Supposed to be that way till at least Sunday.

Where are you getting tropoduction reports?

purpledevil said:
Worked on TV as well. I picked up Channel 25 out of Victoria as well as its 3 subchannels from North Houston. I have never been able to do this.
Only 3? On 25.4 has radar sweep also. No luck on Fox 19 I guess? Since it is on Channel 11 KHOU probably blasts it out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom