• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Guerin Austin out as NESN Boston Red Sox sideline reporter

Breaking a long NESN tradition of eye candy (for the men, at least) as sideline reporters. Not sure what Webster can bring to the position that's substantially new, though. The reporter in the stands is there to phone the clubhouse for word on injuries and such and maybe sneak in a few words with the manager between innings, then just report what she/he's been told. I'm not expecting in-depth journalism; but then I wasn't expecting that from Austin, Jenny Dell, Tina Cervasio and any of the others the Sox and NESN have used in this role.

CT, you forgot Hazel Mae.

I enjoyed Steve Lyons. Always thought he was a notch above Tim Wakefield and Jim Rice as studio analysts although I like Tim and Jim as well. I really thought it was about time to replace Jerry with Steve.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom