• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

GSP monthly ratings

I remember way back when X98.5 started, there were members here that didn’t think it would last a year. Welp, glad to see that they were wrong. Great station that has only gotten better with time and deserves all the success they’ve had.

I remember way back when X98.5 started, there were members here that didn’t think it would last a year. Welp, glad to see that they were wrong. Great station that has only gotten better with time and deserves all the success they’ve had.
I remember that…and all of those ridiculous rumors that X98.5 would become Christian Rock station or be spun off to WRTH LMAO. Obviously some folks had no time on their hands back then.

Don’t forget, 98.5 was also going to be urban gospel. For some reason everybody has had it out for this station since day one yet it keeps pulling in numbers 😂

Don’t forget, 98.5 was also going to be urban gospel. For some reason everybody has had it out for this station since day one yet it keeps pulling in numbers 😂

Haha, I recall that a rival radio site basically posted speculation as an actual news report 🙄 I can’t remember how the WRTH rumor was spread except that some dodo at Salem made an serious error reading radio dial numbers with the announcement of 95.9.

Wow, 103.3 played Judas Priest and Spandau Ballet in the same set. They’re playing some harder rock songs than WROQ would play and softer songs than WSPA-FM would play. I’m curious to see how this mix works, it’s quite unlike anything I’ve ever heard on a classic or adult hits station. Definitely sets them apart from 99.5 and 102.5 now.

I’ve noticed 99.5 plays a lot of softer/pop stuff while 102.5 leans more to the rock side.

Wow, 103.3 played Judas Priest and Spandau Ballet in the same set. They’re playing some harder rock songs than WROQ would play and softer songs than WSPA-FM would play. I’m curious to see how this mix works, it’s quite unlike anything I’ve ever heard on a classic or adult hits station. Definitely sets them apart from 99.5 and 102.5 now.

I’ve noticed 99.5 plays a lot of softer/pop stuff while 102.5 leans more to the rock side.
It's time for 103.3 to say "We play everything." This is outrageous unless they do that.

I’m had to snicker at a Salem station playing Judas Priest, but to be followed up by Spandau Ballet? LOL. Must be trying to throw anything that sticks at this point to get momentum.

I’d say 103.3/95.9 is more like an adult hits station. With the musical adjustments they’ve made, the imaging and jingles are sounding really outdated and tired, hopefully they update. The imaging sounds like it belongs on a 60s/70s oldies station.

I’m had to snicker at a Salem station playing Judas Priest, but to be followed up by Spandau Ballet? LOL. Must be trying to throw anything that sticks at this point to get momentum.
I won't likely find the post but I have this memory of Quiet Riot being followed by Olivia Newton-John on 98.7 Simon.

I won't likely find the post but I have this memory of Quiet Riot being followed by Olivia Newton-John on 98.7 Simon.
It’s fairly common for a classic hits station to play Quiet Riot and ON-J, if the song is “You’re The One That I Want.”

I’d say 103.3/95.9 is more like an adult hits station. With the musical adjustments they’ve made, the imaging and jingles are sounding really outdated and tired, hopefully they update. The imaging sounds like it belongs on a 60s/70s oldies station.

Yes to this, it still sounds like an oldies/beach music station if you listen to the imaging and jingles LOl.

It’s fairly common for a classic hits station to play Quiet Riot and ON-J, if the song is “You’re The One That I Want.”
In this case the Olivia Newton-John song was her 1982 hit “Twist of Fate”

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom