• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Great mini-documentary of Neal Boortz show

• Thread starter Freebird Fantasia
  • Start date
F

Freebird Fantasia

Go to youtube and type in Neal Boortz. Watch the seven-minute video on his show. Pretty interesting. Interviews with everyone involved with show as well as WSB station management. Well done.

;)

Thanks folks! Glad you enjoyed it. ;D

Kind of a funny story behind its making, really. I got a call at 5 o'clock on a Wednesday evening, asking if I thought I could produce a "behind the scenes" piece to be shown at a Boortz endorsement client luncheon. The lunch was to take place in about a week's time, but the hitch was the alarmingly short window of opportunity to shoot it. Boortz, it seemed, preferred more and more to broadcast from his home in Florida, planned to do so that Friday, and wasn't expecting to be back in town the following week at all.

After discussing the matter with with Belinda and Pete Spriggs (WSB-AM PD) over the course a 20-minute session of phone tag, we came to the realization that the only time any of us could be sure that Boortz would be in town was the very next day. So from a phone call at 5 o'clock in the evening, I rolled into WSB with my gear to shoot at 6:00 the next morning. It was all very much off-the cuff and un-scripted, but in the end, turned out all right, I think. If anything, it was probably better than anyone at the station had expected.

As I say, the video was originally supposed to be an "exclusive" goody seen only at the luncheon. I had made a DVD version of it for that, but a couple of hours before the lunch began, Boortz's web designer loaded a smaller version it into her YouTube account just for the heck of it (you can find it linked from my page above). Once Boortz saw it, and mentioned on the air that it was on YouTube, the view count took off, easily passing four digits the first hour it was loaded. All of those viewers actually got to see it before the clients for whom it was intended! :D

Still, no one seemed to mind, and it was well received at the luncheon, so I think they were generally pleased with it.

Thanks again!
Craig

8)

RoddyFreeman said:
That was excellent. I'm glad it's on YouTube. It's too good for just the people at the luncheon to have seen.
Thanks Roddy, I think they decided it was as well. ;)

jokerman said:
Now, we just need a Kroc-Doc.
Or, perhaps, a "Krokumentary?" ;D

8)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom