• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gray Television to get KGWC

So I guess KGWC will be going off the air. Gray will be keeping KGWL/5 and KGWR/13. Could they be the next ones to flip to some subchannel network (Heroes & Icons or Decades?)

So I guess KGWC will be going off the air.
Looks like Gray is keeping the callsign like they have done in other transactions like this (KOTA comes to mind)

Gray will be keeping KGWL/5 and KGWR/13. Could they be the next ones to flip to some subchannel network (Heroes & Icons or Decades?)

why would they do that? Its obvious they will move CBS to a sub of KCWY which is their NBC affiliate. They will probably drop the resolutions of both NBC (from 1080i to 720p) and CW (from 720p to 480i widescreen) and add CBS as 720p to mimic like they do in Cheyenne with KGWN. KGWL and KGWR will become satellites just like they are now but Gray will probably drop the ABC simulcast. If they do map the satellites like they may do the "mothership" this will give KGWL in Lander a NBC affiliate (as there is none right now). KGWR, while technically in a county that is part of the Salt Lake City DMA is classified still in the Casper DMA (per the FCC document...Nielsen, as a matter of policy, assigns satellite stations to the same DMA as its parent in this case; thus, notwithstanding KGWR-TV’s community of license being located in the Salt Lake City DMA, Nielsen assigned KGWR-TV to the Casper-Riverton DMA) they would also gain a NBC if they (Gray) mapped it as such. The only stations OTA in Rock Springs are KGWR, a translator of Wyoming PBS and a translator of SLC's CW (KUCW). NBC from Wyoming is not on cable there (KGWR CBS and KTWO ABC are along with the SLC stations).

I guess its a wait and see :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom