• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Good Radio Weather this Morning

I turned on the car this morning and was surprised that the WLX translator by my house was full of multiple stations, yet had a full signal. Could they be relaying 97.5 via receiving the actual 97.5 FM signal? That would make sense considering 97.5 was Bob and Tom from Hopkinsville 85 miles away this morning instead of WLX 97.5 20mi away. WUSY was trying hard to overturn the local 100.7 translator.

Anyways, there was some good radio on the way to work. In addition to receiving nearly all of the Huntsville, Cookeville, Clarksville, and Bowling Green stations, I caught these below, on seek. I listened to 92.3 all the way up 65 to Brentwood.
• 107.7 WIVK Knoxville/Sevierville 200mi (WOW, blowtorch, I know)
• 104.1 WOGY Jackson 100mi
• 103.7 WFGS Murray 100mi
• 101.1 WYDE Cullman AL 110mi
• 98.3 WJLI Metropolis, IL 115mi
• 97.5 WZZP Hopkinsville 85mi
• 96.5 WDOD Chattanooga 100mi
• 92.3 WDEF Chattanooga 100mi
There are many others I'm forgetting.

NashvilleNative said:
I turned on the car this morning and was surprised that the WLX translator by my house was full of multiple stations, yet had a full signal. Could they be relaying 97.5 via receiving the actual 97.5 FM signal? That would make sense considering 97.5 was Bob and Tom from Hopkinsville 85 miles away this morning instead of WLX 97.5 20mi away. WUSY was trying hard to overturn the local 100.7 translator.

Anyways, there was some good radio on the way to work. In addition to receiving nearly all of the Huntsville, Cookeville, Clarksville, and Bowling Green stations, I caught these below, on seek. I listened to 92.3 all the way up 65 to Brentwood.
• 107.7 WIVK Knoxville/Sevierville 200mi (WOW, blowtorch, I know)
• 104.1 WOGY Jackson 100mi
• 103.7 WFGS Murray 100mi
• 101.1 WYDE Cullman AL 110mi
• 98.3 WJLI Metropolis, IL 115mi
• 97.5 WZZP Hopkinsville 85mi
• 96.5 WDOD Chattanooga 100mi
• 92.3 WDEF Chattanooga 100mi
There are many others I'm forgetting.

From Lebanon, I pulled Lite 96.9 and Star 99.1 from Hunstville, AL (I specified the state because there are also "Huntsvilles" in NE Tennessee and somewhere in Texas)

This morning from 545-555am, in the WKYQ parking lot in Paducah, I was locked in on 95.5 WSM... which is saying something because we run a translator on that frequency in Mayfield, KY to our south.

I was up in Franklin TN a couple weeks ago sitting in the parking lot of the Mariott, listening to Birminghams 106.9 the eagle, which I typically keep on here at home, already 100 miles from Birmingham, on the way up there 95.1 was constantly jumping from Rocket 95.1 to WGGC until about Columbia when WGGC finally took over. I even heard WVNA-FM from Muscle Shoals AL (4400 watts) around Lewisburg, where WYTM Fayetteville would normally be.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom