• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Go Active my young man...

K

KlassikKountry

We all know this market is thirsting for a full time Active Rocker. You would think after WPLY and WYSP went away, that disappointment on 93.3 would finally wise up. No way, it is still a trainwreck, unfocused after P&S, still plenty of nonsense talk fills, horrible music, and lousy jocks. Will the folks at YSP get the message now, doubt it, or will someone else have to do it. Another bad move last year, was on the part of R1, with their political flip, none of their properties even bills close to the Y. To sum it up, with OGL, I have no words to describe how they continue to climb and are probably the highest rated Oldies outlet in any size market, this still amazes me from what they sound like to be this high, music wise, WMID and WVLT blow them away....

> We all know this market is thirsting for a full time Active
> Rocker. You would think after WPLY and WYSP went away, that
> disappointment on 93.3 would finally wise up. No way, it is
> still a trainwreck, unfocused after P&S, still plenty of
> nonsense talk fills, horrible music, and lousy jocks. Will
> the folks at YSP get the message now, doubt it, or will
> someone else have to do it. Another bad move last year, was
> on the part of R1, with their political flip, none of their
> properties even bills close to the Y. To sum it up, with
> OGL, I have no words to describe how they continue to climb
> and are probably the highest rated Oldies outlet in any size
> market, this still amazes me from what they sound like to be
> this high, music wise, WMID and WVLT blow them away....
>

Face it...it's the beginning of the end for terrestrial radio. Why does WOGL do so well? People listen by default...and listening by default accounts for the ratings of many radio stations...Unless you have satellite radio...THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO LISTEN TO.

Radio is not in the business to entertain you...they program to a mass audience, which is why you don't say, "Oh Wow!!!" when you tune in...you say,"I heard this (BLEEP) yesterday...but there is nothing else on, so it's tolerable."

Welcome to the great melting pot...when you have as many different kinds of people as we have in this land...there is no more "something for everybody." We all have to listen to the same (BLEEP) on the limited terrestrial radio band, so program directors make their playlists tolerable at best...this is in order to appease everyone.

And it ain't gonna get any better! But here is an interesting question...when was the last time a Philadelphia station made a switch and ratings actually increased?

Apparently ratings don't mean anything now. WPEN is at the bottom...and yet Greater Media believes that they are better off now than 2 years ago when they played Standards and had 5 times as many listeners...

Demographics and advertising? I have heard the arguments...but I don't believe that a station that has 100,000 listeners has more of a mass appeal to advertisers that a station that has 500,000. Maybe I'm wrong...but a high percentage of those 100,000 are gonna go "click" as soon as a commercial comes on.

At least with Standards...if you're 60 years old, there are plenty of car dealerships and restaurants that still spend advertising dollars...not to mention with a Standards format, for many of these people there is nothing else to listen to...and they are willing to hang on through the commercials.

I don't have the answers...but I think these PD'S are making a lot of mistakes.

I totally agree with you, BUT, is it such a crime for one station to be set aside for us Rockers, 24/7/365 of Active rock, just one, we are not asking for the entire dial, like the urban folk. What would it take for one suit to figure out that there is a large Rock audiance ready to be tapped in this market. It is looking them right in the face, the audiance is there, MMR cant figure out how to do it and YSP was always so-so, great music, plus Conwell and M&H were supurb, but you had to deal with the influence of Stern and sports, sandwiched between the music dayparts, now forget it. I guess minority radio is the format of the 2000's and beyond, after the year 2048, the nationality that mainly supports rock will be the minority, will T-Radio last that long, and will that audiance be served.

>I totally agree with you, BUT, is it such a crime for one station to be set aside for us Rockers, 24/7/365 of Active rock, just one, we are not asking for the entire dial, like the urban folk.

That's funny...I hear you loud and clear dude. Although I'm not much of a Rocker, you and I are in the same boat because I like Standards and Real Oldies...neither of which are currently available on the dial.

It's no more of a crime for you to want your Active Rock anymore than it is for me to want my Standards, Jazz, and Real Oldies...but we aren't served by terrestrial radio.

>What would it take for one suit to figure out that there is a large Rock audiance ready to be tapped in this market.

I couldn't agree more...and no doubt there is a bigger audience for modern/active rock than for what I like to listen to on the air...

As far as Standards/ Real Oldies...we've been told the formats are too old. In the case of Modern Rock...the suits who control radio and records have decided that the whole scene (much like jammin' oldies) was a fad. It was hot in the 90's and early 2000's, but now more than ever it is practically an underground scene. And like it or not, the reason the urban folk have a good portion of the dial is because the suits have determined that it's time for the urban culture to become mainstream. There are a lot of reasons this has happened, but no doubt if I start listing...this thread will disappear.

>MMR cant figure out how to do it and YSP was always so-so,

I know you hate MMR, but they are decent in my opinion. They are doing better than ever in the ratings...and as far as Rock goes, they are pretty mainstream. I'm not an expert on Rock as I've said, but I listen from time to time. MMR may not be doing what you like, but they are doing something right in order to have the momentum they have...you could argue that the only reason they are doing so well is because of the demise of Y100 and YSP, but they have stood the test of time in this market.

>I guess minority radio is the format of the 2000's and beyond, after the year 2048, the nationality that mainly supports rock will be the minority,

Yup. It's a disgrace the way people celebrate every freaking kind of diversity on the planet. We have celebrated ourselves into losing our own national identity and you are hearing the results of such insanity on your terrestrial radio.

>will T-Radio last that long, and will that audiance be served.

Nope.

I am also a big fan of Real oldies and Standards, I used to enjoy the JBR-A package better than PEN, its a shame they went away. If you like Real oldies, tune into WMID, they stream on the web also, when I get out of WHAT range and head east I always tune them in. WCMC is also very good, IMHO OGL is the poorest excuse for an oldies station I ever heard. As for the heavy urban influence now-adays, I have been forced fed this format since day one in this market, its nothing new to me, I am the first to admit, I don't like it, it does not speak to my nature and I will never embrace it. I tried Ed tonight, as soon as I put him on, it was the same sexual talk, its all they talk about on YSP, his show is becoming more talk. M&H are the only light on that sinking ship.

In true AM1260 form, the station has run 3 different oldies formats in the few weeks they have returned to the WAMS call letters. First, they were computer driven. Then they went to the ABC oldies format used by WNRK in the late 90's. Now they are with Shannon's True Oldies Channel. This is actually a great format, playing oldies that most stations have ignored for years. But how many weeks will they run it?

Also, the question was posed "which station that changed formats saw their share increase?" BEN-FM.

> I am also a big fan of Real oldies and Standards, I used to
> enjoy the JBR-A package better than PEN, its a shame they
> went away. If you like Real oldies, tune into WMID, they
> stream on the web also, when I get out of WHAT range and
> head east I always tune them in. WCMC is also very good,
> IMHO OGL is the poorest excuse for an oldies station I ever
> heard. As for the heavy urban influence now-adays, I have
> been forced fed this format since day one in this market,
> its nothing new to me, I am the first to admit, I don't like
> it, it does not speak to my nature and I will never embrace
> it. I tried Ed tonight, as soon as I put him on, it was the
> same sexual talk, its all they talk about on YSP, his show
> is becoming more talk. M&H are the only light on that
> sinking ship.
>

MMR correction

> >MMR cant figure out how to do it and YSP was always so-so,
>
> I know you hate MMR, but they are decent in my opinion.
> They are doing better than ever in the ratings...and as far
> as Rock goes, they are pretty mainstream. I'm not an expert
> on Rock as I've said, but I listen from time to time. MMR
> may not be doing what you like, but they are doing something
> right in order to have the momentum they have...you could
> argue that the only reason they are doing so well is because
> of the demise of Y100 and YSP, but they have stood the test
> of time in this market.

Hey don't want to bring you down.
But MMR was doing just as well 3 years ago
when they weren't doing that well.
Same ratings, bad mornings and a lot of competition.
Now......No competition, GREAT mornings, same ratings...
It is just that easy.......
Dr Angus

Re: MMR correction

> > >MMR cant figure out how to do it and YSP was always
> so-so,

> Hey don't want to bring you down.
> But MMR was doing just as well 3 years ago
> when they weren't doing that well.
> Same ratings, bad mornings and a lot of competition.
> Now......No competition, GREAT mornings, same ratings...
> It is just that easy.......
> Dr Angus
>
What KlassiKK consistently fails to recognize is the fact that because HE does not like MMR does not mean they don't know what they are doing. Like you said, the only difference now is the morning show. Before P&S WMMR was consistently beating YSP at all hours of the day except Stern. This goes back to when YSP rocked with all the newer stuff as compared to MMR.

Pierre, who KlassiKK says needs to go, has consistently been in the top 4 or 5 during his time slot of ALL Philly radio stations, despite crappy lead ins before P & S. People like him, they listen to him in droves, but KlassiKK says its time for him to go, so the majority of philly rock radio listeners must be wrong on that one too.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm sure I'm wrong!

U R WRONG

You prove to me MMR beat YSP in all dayparts after Stern, I don't buy it. As for the relic, the guy has his old no-clue audiance and that's it. The guy is worthless and still lives in the G-Ful-Dead days, he is unbearable. Conwell and the other shows had MMR beat, can you really compare the relic to M&H, MMR was, is and will always be a trainwreck, after John parted ways. The relic just strung on his coattails to get where he is today. If you can honestly say he is entertaining you are only fooling yourself, if YSP reverted to full time Active, they would clean MMR's clock. Also, in the last 5 years, YSP scored a constant 5.2, while MMR stewed at a steady 2.3 going up and down a bit. Are you going to tell me Stern was responsible for this, I doubt it. For you see, when the music went away at YSP, so did the ratings, you can check R&R's past records for the ratings, its not me talking its the truth. The music made YSP.

Re: MMR correction

Hey don't want to bring you down.
But MMR was doing just as well 3 years ago
when they weren't doing that well.
Same ratings, bad mornings and a lot of competition.
Now......No competition, GREAT mornings, same ratings...
It is just that easy.......
Dr Angus

I don't know about three years ago...but looking at the current book, WMMR has almost twice as many listeners as it did a year ago...and they are now in the top 5. Were they in the top 5 back in 2003 as you have stated?

I don't know but I doubt it...

The top five in this town have consistenlty been KYW, WBEB, WDAS, WYSP, and usually either WUSL or WOGL.

WMMR is usually the FM Foundation...loyally and consistently holding up the competition.

I'm a radio junkie... I used to work in the business (on-air/promotions and then sales) I now buy radio advertising on a few stations for an area group of car dealerships.. but I don't listen to terrestial radio anymore... and I tell my reps that every chance I get. When they ask why not, I simply tell them that I guess because I'm not a minority you aren't programing to me. I'm a 33 year old white guy... I like listening to something new... again, Y100 wasn't my 24/7 station but I loved checking it out from time to time to hear something new that I hadn't heard before... it was my little stupid way of trying to stay young and hip.

Now? Now I listen to Lucy - XM Channel 54 - sort of like Y100 with a lot of 90's flash backs with some 80's new wave thrown in... and the liners are classic sarcasm.

If you know somebody who has XM ask them to sign up for the online streaming and then share their username/password with you so that you can check it out... once you do you'll stop putting up with T-Radio...

I subscribe to XM, but I'm sure Siris has just as good programming...

> >I totally agree with you, BUT, is it such a crime for one
> station to be set aside for us Rockers, 24/7/365 of Active
> rock, just one, we are not asking for the entire dial, like
> the urban folk.
>
> That's funny...I hear you loud and clear dude. Although I'm
> not much of a Rocker, you and I are in the same boat because
> I like Standards and Real Oldies...neither of which are
> currently available on the dial.
>
> It's no more of a crime for you to want your Active Rock
> anymore than it is for me to want my Standards, Jazz, and
> Real Oldies...but we aren't served by terrestrial radio.
>
> >What would it take for one suit to figure out that there is
> a large Rock audiance ready to be tapped in this market.
>
> I couldn't agree more...and no doubt there is a bigger
> audience for modern/active rock than for what I like to
> listen to on the air...
>
> As far as Standards/ Real Oldies...we've been told the
> formats are too old. In the case of Modern Rock...the suits
> who control radio and records have decided that the whole
> scene (much like jammin' oldies) was a fad. It was hot in
> the 90's and early 2000's, but now more than ever it is
> practically an underground scene. And like it or not, the
> reason the urban folk have a good portion of the dial is
> because the suits have determined that it's time for the
> urban culture to become mainstream. There are a lot of
> reasons this has happened, but no doubt if I start
> listing...this thread will disappear.
>
> >MMR cant figure out how to do it and YSP was always so-so,
>
>
> I know you hate MMR, but they are decent in my opinion.
> They are doing better than ever in the ratings...and as far
> as Rock goes, they are pretty mainstream. I'm not an expert
> on Rock as I've said, but I listen from time to time. MMR
> may not be doing what you like, but they are doing something
> right in order to have the momentum they have...you could
> argue that the only reason they are doing so well is because
> of the demise of Y100 and YSP, but they have stood the test
> of time in this market.
>
> >I guess minority radio is the format of the 2000's and
> beyond, after the year 2048, the nationality that mainly
> supports rock will be the minority,
>
> Yup. It's a disgrace the way people celebrate every
> freaking kind of diversity on the planet. We have
> celebrated ourselves into losing our own national identity
> and you are hearing the results of such insanity on your
> terrestrial radio.
>
> >will T-Radio last that long, and will that audiance be
> served.
>
> Nope.
>

Re: Shannon's True Oldies Channel on WAMS

I'd agree that Shannon's True Oldies Channel is playing some great forgotten music. I can't get WAMS during the day at work, are they still doing the live jock from 11am to 2pm or are they doing Shannon all day?

I used to enjoy the WW1 Standards that AM1290 used to air, also the "Unforgettable Favorites" from ABC radio that 1260 WAMS aired a number of formats ago.

> In true AM1260 form, the station has run 3 different oldies
> formats in the few weeks they have returned to the WAMS call
> letters. First, they were computer driven. Then they went
> to the ABC oldies format used by WNRK in the late 90's. Now
> they are with Shannon's True Oldies Channel. This is
> actually a great format, playing oldies that most stations
> have ignored for years. But how many weeks will they run
> it?
>
> Also, the question was posed "which station that changed
> formats saw their share increase?" BEN-FM.
>
> > I am also a big fan of Real oldies and Standards, I used
> to
> > enjoy the JBR-A package better than PEN, its a shame they
> > went away. If you like Real oldies, tune into WMID, they
> > stream on the web also, when I get out of WHAT range and
> > head east I always tune them in. WCMC is also very good,
> > IMHO OGL is the poorest excuse for an oldies station I
> ever
> > heard. As for the heavy urban influence now-adays, I have
>
> > been forced fed this format since day one in this market,
> > its nothing new to me, I am the first to admit, I don't
> like
> > it, it does not speak to my nature and I will never
> embrace
> > it. I tried Ed tonight, as soon as I put him on, it was
> the
> > same sexual talk, its all they talk about on YSP, his show
>
> > is becoming more talk. M&H are the only light on that
> > sinking ship.
> >
>

YES MASTER

> You prove to me MMR beat YSP in all dayparts after Stern, I
> don't buy it. As for the relic, the guy has his old no-clue
> audiance and that's it.

ACCORDING TO YOU. SORRY, THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. I AM 34, ENJOY HIS SHOW, RESPECT HIS MUSICAL KNOWLEDGE, BUT I ALSO REALIZE THAT I SPEAK FOR ME, NOT EVERYONE ELSE. YOU THINK THAT YOUR OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION. THAT'S IT.

The guy is worthless and still
> lives in the G-Ful-Dead days, he is unbearable. Conwell and
> the other shows had MMR beat, can you really compare the
> relic to M&H, MMR was, is and will always be a trainwreck,
> after John parted ways. The relic just strung on his
> coattails to get where he is today.

FIND SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR A COMPANY THAT ADVERTISES ON RADIO. I HAVE THE COMPLETE ARBY # BREAKDOWN FOR SUMMER 05, AND FALL 05. IT GOES HOUR BY HOUR. PIERRE DOUBLED, YES, DOUBLED CONWELLS's NUMBERS. FACT. SORRY IT INTERFERES WITH YOUR ALL KNOWING OPINION.

If you can honestly say
> he is entertaining you are only fooling yourself, if YSP
> reverted to full time Active, they would clean MMR's clock.

SPEAKING FOR ME NOW? FUNNY, THE ONLY PART OF THE DAY YSP BEAT MMR IN THE LAST YEAR WAS MORNINGS, WHEN THEY WERE - YOU GUESSED IT - TALK!!!

> Also, in the last 5 years, YSP scored a constant 5.2, while
> MMR stewed at a steady 2.3 going up and down a bit. Are you
> going to tell me Stern was responsible for this, I doubt it.

DOUBT ALL YOU WANT. FIND A COPY OF THE ARBY's THAT GOES BEYOND THE 12+ NUMBERS THAT EVERYONE GETS TO SEE, AND THAT WILL CURE YOU OF YOUR DOUBTS.

> For you see, when the music went away at YSP, so did the
> ratings, you can check R&R's past records for the ratings,
> its not me talking its the truth. The music made YSP.

R & R REPORTS ONLY THE 12+ OVERALL NUMBERS, THEY DO NOT BREAK IT DOWN BY HOURS. IF YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT IS BASED ON 12+ NUMBERS OFFERED BY R&R, YOU MAY GET LAUGHED OFF OF THE BOARD.

NOW, AROUND THE FIRST OF EVERY MONTH YOU POST THAT MMR IS CLUELESS, YSP "WON'T LET ANYONE" GO ACTIVE (DO THEY HAVE A PATENT OR SOMETHING?), AND THERE ARE TOO MANY URBAN STATIONS IN PHILLY. WE GET IT. WE UNDERSTAND YOUR OPINION, YOU SAYING THE SAME EXACT THING EVERY TIME YOU POST ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE THE SITUATION IN YOUR FAVOR, BUT SINCE YOURS IS THE ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Re: YES MASTER

To paraphrase Wil... The broken record continues to spin.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by SCRHack on 03/03/06 08:32 PM.</FONT></P>

Re: Live Requests on WAMS

I made it a point today to go out at lunch and check it out and yes WAMS is still doing the live phone or email request at 455-WAMS. I did call in and it took a few minutes to get through as the line was busy the first few times I tried as he did play a bunch of requests during the time I was listening. Former WAMS jock John Murphy is still playing the requests from 11am til 2pm. He was telling me the WAMS library has over 3,000 songs from the 50's, 60's , and early 70's. Now that's a play list. Shannon's web site claimed to have 10,000 songs in his library. So either way on the bird carrying ABC radio's Shannon's True Oldies Channel or locally produced either live or computer driven, the music shouldn't get dull at 1260 WAMS as it does at Philly's WOGL. John did say that they still plan on having a second live jock on from 2pm to 4pm also before going back to the bird.

> I'd agree that Shannon's True Oldies Channel is playing some
> great forgotten music. I can't get WAMS during the day at
> work, are they still doing the live jock from 11am to 2pm or
> are they doing Shannon all day?
>
> I used to enjoy the WW1 Standards that AM1290 used to air,
> also the "Unforgettable Favorites" from ABC radio that 1260
> WAMS aired a number of formats ago.
>
> > In true AM1260 form, the station has run 3 different
> oldies
> > formats in the few weeks they have returned to the WAMS
> call
> > letters. First, they were computer driven. Then they
> went
> > to the ABC oldies format used by WNRK in the late 90's.
> Now
> > they are with Shannon's True Oldies Channel. This is
> > actually a great format, playing oldies that most stations
>
> > have ignored for years. But how many weeks will they run
> > it?
> >
> > Also, the question was posed "which station that changed
> > formats saw their share increase?" BEN-FM.
> >
> > > I am also a big fan of Real oldies and Standards, I used
>
> > to
> > > enjoy the JBR-A package better than PEN, its a shame
> they
> > > went away. If you like Real oldies, tune into WMID,
> they
> > > stream on the web also, when I get out of WHAT range and
>
> > > head east I always tune them in. WCMC is also very
> good,
> > > IMHO OGL is the poorest excuse for an oldies station I
> > ever
> > > heard. As for the heavy urban influence now-adays, I
> have
> >
> > > been forced fed this format since day one in this
> market,
> > > its nothing new to me, I am the first to admit, I don't
> > like
> > > it, it does not speak to my nature and I will never
> > embrace
> > > it. I tried Ed tonight, as soon as I put him on, it was
>
> > the
> > > same sexual talk, its all they talk about on YSP, his
> show
> >
> > > is becoming more talk. M&H are the only light on that
> > > sinking ship.
> > >
> >
>

> I made it a point today to go out at lunch and check it out
> and yes WAMS is still doing the live phone or email request
> at 455-WAMS. I did call in and it took a few minutes to get
> through as the line was busy the first few times I tried as
> he did play a bunch of requests during the time I was
> listening. Former WAMS jock John Murphy is still playing the
> requests from 11am til 2pm. He was telling me the WAMS
> library has over 3,000 songs from the 50's, 60's , and early
> 70's. Now that's a play list. Shannon's web site claimed
> to have 10,000 songs in his library. So either way on the
> bird carrying ABC radio's Shannon's True Oldies Channel or
> locally produced either live or computer driven, the music
> shouldn't get dull at 1260 WAMS as it does at Philly's WOGL.
> John did say that they still plan on having a second live
> jock on from 2pm to 4pm also before going back to the bird.
>

This sounds hot! I wish I could pick it up...Unfortunately where I live the only thing that I can get on 1260 is WBUD...the funeral dirge station from Trenton.

WBUD used to be pretty decent...but if anyone has a relative with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, they may be available to host the upcoming event.

You can listen to it on line @ www.trueoldieschannel.com. WAMS also is on line.

> > I made it a point today to go out at lunch and check it
> out
> > and yes WAMS is still doing the live phone or email
> request
> > at 455-WAMS. I did call in and it took a few minutes to
> get
> > through as the line was busy the first few times I tried
> as
> > he did play a bunch of requests during the time I was
> > listening. Former WAMS jock John Murphy is still playing
> the
> > requests from 11am til 2pm. He was telling me the WAMS
> > library has over 3,000 songs from the 50's, 60's , and
> early
> > 70's. Now that's a play list. Shannon's web site claimed
>
> > to have 10,000 songs in his library. So either way on the
>
> > bird carrying ABC radio's Shannon's True Oldies Channel or
>
> > locally produced either live or computer driven, the music
>
> > shouldn't get dull at 1260 WAMS as it does at Philly's
> WOGL.
> > John did say that they still plan on having a second live
>
> > jock on from 2pm to 4pm also before going back to the
> bird.
> >
>
> This sounds hot! I wish I could pick it up...Unfortunately
> where I live the only thing that I can get on 1260 is
> WBUD...the funeral dirge station from Trenton.
>
> WBUD used to be pretty decent...but if anyone has a relative
> with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel,
> they may be available to host the upcoming event.
>

The WAMS online address is www.1260wams.com

> You can listen to it on line @ www.trueoldieschannel.com.
> WAMS also is on line.
>
>
> > > I made it a point today to go out at lunch and check it
> > out
> > > and yes WAMS is still doing the live phone or email
> > request
> > > at 455-WAMS. I did call in and it took a few minutes to
>
> > get
> > > through as the line was busy the first few times I tried
>
> > as
> > > he did play a bunch of requests during the time I was
> > > listening. Former WAMS jock John Murphy is still playing
>
> > the
> > > requests from 11am til 2pm. He was telling me the WAMS
> > > library has over 3,000 songs from the 50's, 60's , and
> > early
> > > 70's. Now that's a play list. Shannon's web site
> claimed
> >
> > > to have 10,000 songs in his library. So either way on
> the
> >
> > > bird carrying ABC radio's Shannon's True Oldies Channel
> or
> >
> > > locally produced either live or computer driven, the
> music
> >
> > > shouldn't get dull at 1260 WAMS as it does at Philly's
> > WOGL.
> > > John did say that they still plan on having a second
> live
> >
> > > jock on from 2pm to 4pm also before going back to the
> > bird.
> > >
> >
> > This sounds hot! I wish I could pick it
> up...Unfortunately
> > where I live the only thing that I can get on 1260 is
> > WBUD...the funeral dirge station from Trenton.
> >
> > WBUD used to be pretty decent...but if anyone has a
> relative
> > with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel,
>
> > they may be available to host the upcoming event.
> >
>

You really have an axe to grind with anyone you don't agree with, look at all your posts, always ripping people. You are wrong and more inmature than I thought with your caps, because you are lost, beat and have nothing concrete to add. Stop grabbing at straws, and admit your wrong in lower case. As for your brother who always comes to your defense, namely, Mr. s"Crack", he also has nothing to add, are you the relics son or something. Now leave me alone, go bother some Rapper.

> You really have an axe to grind with anyone you don't agree
> with, look at all your posts, always ripping people. You
> are wrong and more inmature than I thought with your caps,
> because you are lost, beat and have nothing concrete to add.
> Stop grabbing at straws, and admit your wrong in lower
> case. As for your brother who always comes to your defense,
> namely, Mr. s"Crack", he also has nothing to add, are you
> the relics son or something. Now leave me alone, go bother
> some Rapper.
>

When someone did a thread about ages of posters you indicated your age, and it was about the same as my father's. Interestingly, when you argue your points you sound a lot like my 7 year old, i.e. "I don't like vegetables, so vegetables are bad, no one likes vegetables." This is how you come off. You still think that because YOU (caps - an attention grabber for the challenged) - don't like something, no one else should.

I have no axe to grind with you or no one else on this board. I just get tired of the same old posts from a few people on this board. Is it necessary to write the same thing every other time you post?

You probably would be shocked to know that I agree with most of your posts about Philly rock stations. There is nowhere near enough variety, and the few stations that still do rock play way too many bland, generic, safe songs. Obviously YSP played more new rock when they were full time, my point was, no matter how much YOU liked that style better, it did not beat MMR's rock in straight up, hour to hour ratings. I really don't care if you believe that, all you need to do is look at the arbitron hour by hour numbers, not R&R's 12 + numbers. Every radio station has these. Does yours? If so, look at them, because without seeing these breakdowns your argument lacks credibility. It is full of emotion and personal feelings, but that and $.99 will get you two soft pretzels at Wawa.

Most of your posts come from your feelings, and there is nothing wrong with that, your opinion matters as much as anyone elses. However, you cannot differentiate between opinion and fact.

Speaking of axes to grind, yoy have a serious one, when it comes to Rap-Hip-hop, or any other type of "urban" format. Like you, I am not a large rap fan, but unlike you, I realize that other people are, and those formats have a right to exist, especially in a city like Philly. You really do walk a fine racist line when you constantly attack these type of stations and their listeners. When you say stuff like "leave me alone and go bother some Rapper", the three K's in your handle scream loudly. And calling SCHRack "Crack", wow, good one, real mature. Now, if you can't post an intelligent reply. then leave me alone and go bother Greater Media about bringing standards back on PEN.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom