• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

GLOBAL WARMING.

No matter where you are in the world, you can see how HOT it's getting.

It's Hot.

It's VERY Hot.

I'm talking about HOT 97.5! www.hot975phoenix.com

I'm not sure how many of you have tuned in since I've mentioned it within my previous post entitled "Power Plus", but as I've been listening to and enjoying Hot 97.5 almost exclusively over the past two weeks, I've noticed that they are surely changing things around and improving things, making the station sound hotter and fresher! As I've mentioned in the other post, Hot 97.5 is not only continuing to break many of Phoenix's newest hit music first, but has also been focusing quite a bit on a few dance hits that other Phoenix stations aren't or have stopped playing. Afrojack's "take over control" has (re)increased when it comes to number of spins along with the actual main edit of "levels" by Avicii (without Flo Rida). They were also first in Phoenix to regularly play "feels so close" by Calvin Harris.

While there has been somewhat of a noticeable dance lean top 40 sound at Hot 97.5 lately, one cannot assume too much about what's to come based strictly on the recent turn of events occurring at the station because they've also increased their hip hop content (adding "rack city" by Tyga and "the motto" by Drake, etc.) in addition to adding AT40 (American Top 40) countdown on Sunday's. Therefore, it's difficult to accurately hypothesize which direction they're heading, musically. Not to mention the fact that they are also currently looking for a new replacement PD for former PD/Afternoon Host Bob Lewis, who has recently resigned, so who knows what changes will occur or what exactly will unfold over the next couple of weeks to months at Hot 97.5. All I know is that as spring and summer approach and the weather gets warmer, Hot 97.5 seems to be getting Hotter! I also cannot help but to wonder if Hot 97.5 adding AT40 means that they are now open to adding specialty shows... like a weekend mix show or two.

Today's Hits, NOW. Hot 97.5

Get HOT World Wide at www.Hot975Phoenix.com

Ha ha ha h ah ah aaaaaa...(cough)

BANG 545!!!

How many people really know what that is!?

Man I used to win SO many beers during label trivia night...Or so I've been told...

That's classic

Far from Hot...more like Mild 97-5! Line up includes syndicated shows and maybe 1 or 2 local personalities! Wow, that's hot! lol

Jeff, here's one from trivia night I just learned...which recently departed pop icon's mother sang background vocals on Bang 545?

WHO KNEW?!

OneHorseTown said:
Jeff, here's one from trivia night I just learned...which recently departed pop icon's mother sang background vocals on Bang 545?

WHO KNEW?!

BZZZZZ.....Who is Cissy Houston, Alex?
(...seems like a more likely answer than Davy Jones' Mum...)

I must admit I'm loving the new liners for Hot 97.5. It's also refreshing to hear sweepers talking about having the least amount of commercials then thinking back and saying to yourself, "now that i think of it..... when WAS the last time I heard a commercial? OH, oh yeah, I think I remember hearing two about an hour ago..."

I must also mention that I love that bass remix of "somebody that I used to know" by Gotye that they have. The remixed production makes it sound fuller, better, and helps it fit in with the rest of the music played on Hot 97.5 withoput taking away from the original elements. That's one hot track, and one hot remix of a hot track right there!

The original version of that song is fine on certain formats (like KWSS), but the original edit also sounds somewhat like a poor / low quality file download that has been reduced in bit rate a couple times during production. I notice many producers are putting out poor quality mp3 sounding material these days! They should just leave it as .WAV or .AAC or even .AIFF and keep it that way until the final edit is done, then convert the file to mp3 (or m4a for itunes) when ready for sales. No more of this over compressing and messing around with the mp3 and lowering the bit rate, then tagging the final edit as "320 kbps" or 'Uncompressed WAV' to fool people! Low quality bit rates sound even worse over radio (and it doesn't matter how hot the track is)!

Reminds me of when KVIB had this horrible, low bit rate quality file of "I don't care" by Ricky Martin in regular rotation back in 2005 that all the dj's also used to play. You could totally tell someone downloaded it from some site or got it from some bootleg hip hop cd / clothing shop, put it in the playlist system, then shared it with their friends. It sounded terrible! After the single was officially released, I rode the Red Line bus from 19th Ave. & Glendale to Tower records on University and Mill Ave. to purchase that single on cd and thought to myself "why couldn't the people at KVIB just buy it?" They eventually found a better copy and replaced it in the system (while the dj's kept playing the bad one in their mixes (with one dj who actually sent me a copy of it!)).

Unlike the Ricky Martin record, the Gotye one is actually somewhat poorly produced sound quality-wise, so it still wont sound like exceptionally high quality audio regardless of whether or not it's on cd. Still don't understand how that happens. I wonder if this is what all these people on these boards and in my music production class are talking about when they complain about artists / producers today "over-processing" their music....

If you (illegally) download your music and don't care about quality, then all this is gibberish and you wont have any idea what I'm talking about. I learned the hard way when I had to redo and relabel over 50 cd's and cd covers for dj use..... 8)

KDM 7000 said:
oldiesfan6479 said:
So does this mean I can put in a plug for 94.5 KOOL-FM?

I just got it!

I wonder how many people missed it (and still don't see it...).

Nurse Jeff and I are too busy listening to the stream of K-Earth 1~Oh~1. Could someone 'splain it to us?

Dr. Akbar said:
KDM 7000 said:
oldiesfan6479 said:
So does this mean I can put in a plug for 94.5 KOOL-FM?

I just got it!

I wonder how many people missed it (and still don't see it...).

Nurse Jeff and I are too busy listening to the stream of K-Earth 1~Oh~1. Could someone 'splain it to us?

HOT................ KOOL = opposites 
(and on a deeper level, Hot & Cool are both features of "Global Climate Change", or "Global Warming")

Cissy Houston also sang backup on ANOTHER minor hit for Neil Diamond (Bang-540) and probably Bang-547 also..but not for positive.

Must have been a "stable singer" for Bang..

Jeff Laurence said:
Cissy Houston also sang backup on ANOTHER minor hit for Neil Diamond (Bang-540) and probably Bang-547 also..but not for positive.

Must have been a "stable singer" for Bang..

....or a "Bang-er" ;)

"We no speak Americano" now in rotation at Hot 97.5! Hmmmmm

(Maybe I'm better off posting this in the dance section, IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT HERE....)

To clarify what I'm getting at here a little more; I remember someone suggesting that Hot 97.5 try a dance lean or dance friendly top 40 format some time ago....

Last night, they also played: "LIGHTS (FERNANDO GARIBAY REM)" - ELLIE GOULDING

They've added "Brokenhearted" - Karmin into regular rotation.

It sounds like Hot 97.5 has some new sweepers. One with a snippet of Calvin Harris's "Feel So Close" mixed into it, another claiming they are "Hot 97.5 The Hit Music Channel", "Arizona's New Hit Music Channel" and "Mixing the Valley's New Hit Music Channel".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom