• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Glenn Beck joins WDUN-AM

I'm just wondering why WDUN chose not to simulcast 102.9 instead of putting on those second-tier hosts. Maybe they were concerned that with WSB having an FM, Cox might take those shows for 103.7. It does seem kind of redundant for Cox to have both 95.5 and 103.7 with close to the same programming.

Dont forget that 102.9 is licensed to Clarkesville in Habersham county. Another station I know pretty well wisely locked up Beck in Habersham - and has exclusives in the area to Limbaugh too. That's why they cannot purely simulcast.

That said, I wish Joel and the Jacobs luck with this. They are good people. Perhaps we will all find that N/T supply creates demand.

CompleteGame said:
Dont forget that 102.9 is licensed to Clarkesville in Habersham county. Another station I know pretty well wisely locked up Beck in Habersham - and has exclusives in the area to Limbaugh too. That's why they cannot purely simulcast.
But WDUN (which city-grades Clarkesville) can? Or is WDUN grandfathered somehow?

550 can take Beck because our 1,000 watt signal doesn't come close to mattering in Hall/Gainesville. I'm not sure that 550 city grades Clarkesville. If it did, I dont think premiere would have let us have Limbaugh. That was the whole issue -- 550's signal was breaking up in north Habersham and the Limbaugh listeners up here approached me about carrying him.

Sam Lit said:
rodneyho said:
John Jacobs Jr., WDUN founder and CEO, said he is proud to witness his station taking yet another "bold step on the cutting edge..."

Is this guy serious? Coping out with syndicated repeater simulcast radio content on one of his failing FM's is hardly a bold step. Maybe he meant it's a bold step into the cutting edge of cutting more salaries.

WDUN-FM: On the cutting edge of cookie cutter radio!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom