• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

GCN shutting down

Genesis Communications Network is shutting down. Time to shake up the talk clocks. I wonder how many hosts will be picked up by another network?

As cheesy as it was, George put alot of work into that EchoBox. The code running on that knockoff raspberry pi is actually quite clever.

I first found out about GCN when they were on a pirate station on 92.7 that was in West TN in the early 2000's and they were loaded with Alex Jones and other conspiracy nuts at that time. I figure they're no better now. Thankfully when they went off the air no other station in the area picked them up, although Alex Jones is still on WMQM AM 1600 in Memphis. 🤮

I have a saying....... MTG is nuttier than a sqiurrels turd. Alex Jones makes her look normal. So i'd have to say hes nuttier than the turds of 10 big brown bears

Dr. Daliah Wachs has a radio show distributed by GCN. It's a medical/general interest talk show. I'm sure her show will be picked up by another distributor.
She and Doug Stephan are the most normal offerings in their stable. (Because Doug is on so many different platforms I had the misperception that he was self-syndicated.)

In any event, Doug is taking the opportunity to concentrate on his weekend show and making it more of a modular product for affiliates, and he's linking wirh USRN:

Stephan is also 77, so it would be understandable if he was wanting to work less.

It appears that USA Radio Networks, who became the syndicator of Good Day in 2022, was being distributed by GCN. Doug Stephan's Good Day
There are a couple other shows listed on the web sites of both USARN and GCN. We'll have to see if those are in jeopardy as well.

As discussed in tonight's episode of Free Talk Live, Ian Freeman, despite being in federal prison, is working behind the scenes to lay out the framework as they leave GCN for self-syndication. This came from remarks on the air from his wife Bonnie.

Free Talk Live had been on GCN for a large number of years before departing for Talk Media Network, which I believe they were under for almost two years before returning to GCN.

They have been contacting current broadcast affiliates to keep them on board.

Back
Top Bottom