• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Funny 1040

Funny 1040 TSN 1040 switching from sports radio to "funny format" later this week | Offside

After letting over 200 people go in Toronto, Ontario and other places recently, Bell media continues to find ways to keep doing things cheaper...and cheaper... Funny AM radio is fully automated with nobody there, except (if lucky) a morning and afternoon local news update...done by someone who was in the building anyway, most likely getting the same pay.

I seriously wonder now what will happen to play-by-play content of the Lions and Whitecaps. Technically speaking, nothing is stopping them from airing this content on 1040 and 1410, but it seems unlikely that they would interrupt satellite fed content for sports coverage. The most unfortunate part about this situation is the way it was handled.

I would think the question is if they have a contract to run the games. A format change typically doesn't change an existing contract. If they're the market exclusive for broadcast rights, I suspect they will.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom