• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Free Short Format Show Change

Hey everyone, Just to let stations know that may be interested or may have looked at my Short Format show in the past - Or read older posts, I have made some changes to my show.

The show is an easy home style cooking, grilling, barbecue and Tailgate show. 2min, built in 30 sec promo which can be covered with station material if needed. I am a cookbook author and this grew from me working at a small station and us needing some filler.

Instead of the same tip being laid on two different beds, one with a sports music bed for sports, ESPN, fox type stations, and the same tip being laid on a music bed geared more towards talk, rural, small market etc.

I now send out two completely different tips every Wed via email MP3 or FTP. The music and tempo are the same, appropriate for sports, talk, country, rural, Americana, Top40 etc.

Say one on Gulf Seafood awareness and the other on Memphis Dry Ribs.
Or, one on safe grilling tips and the other on a quick and easy marinade

One tip will focus on a recipe, tip, cooking method, the other tip will focus on safety, a news topic such as safe seafood, low sodium, low fat, cleaning grills, canning, freezer lifetimes of foods etc.

I polled my affiliates and the additional 2nd tip allowed for better rotation in just about every sched instead of the one tip getting too boring over the course of the week.

If you have any question or want to be added to the weekly email feel free to contact me.
Kent Whitaker
[email protected]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom