• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Free Radio Automation Software for Mac?

C

comrad

My new community radio group is stream off our own Mac server. Zara Radio is great, but doesn't have a Mac version. Anyone know of any free Mac software?

If you're looking for both "free" and "Mac" I think you're out of luck. The only one system that looks close to professional is Radiologik. Other than that you could always load Windows on Boot Camp if it's an Intel-based Mac and use Zara.

We stream using Macs. I'm a little confused by the responses. Nicecast is streaming software, we use it and it works very well, totally reliable. Quicktime pro will stream, we tried it and it works well. It costs 29.95.

If programming automation is what you want, there are several choices. the only free one I know of iTunes - no, it does not look like "radio automation" programs with all sorts of screen hogging vu meters, buttons, queuing tools etc, just playlists and libraries. It's super easy to use, the newest version, 10.1 is super reliable, the previous version 9.x is not, you can easily live dj with it, you can print out your playlist's if you need to report what music you are playing and it is FREE!

By the way, if you want or need vu meters while you are streaming, if using Nicecast they are there and more under "effects."

rickity
www.gulchradio.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom