• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Forever tranquil.

Ok Steve kinda pinpointed, there is a station in the market that is supposedly poised to make a big splash in the ratings, now we all know damn well that there is no way that anyone can actually be able to predict this...so is the rumor true, how would one know...? That is why I said we have to wait for the book...The rumor I heard though did not mention a name or call letters so I couldn't even tell you what station it may or may not be. It could be Joe, G, B, 3WZ, QWK, who knows I have very little info and I just spilled it.

ameyer said:
Ok Steve kinda pinpointed, there is a station in the market that is supposedly poised to make a big splash in the ratings, now we all know damn well that there is no way that anyone can actually be able to predict this...so is the rumor true, how would one know...? That is why I said we have to wait for the book...The rumor I heard though did not mention a name or call letters so I couldn't even tell you what station it may or may not be. It could be Joe, G, B, 3WZ, QWK, who knows I have very little info and I just spilled it.

Sounds like somebody got a batch of diaries in the mail & loaded them up with their own call-letters. And AJ can barely contain his excitement. Let's see: 2 + 2 = ?

amfmxm said:
Sounds like somebody got a batch of diaries in the mail & loaded them up with their own call-letters. And AJ can barely contain his excitement. Let's see: 2 + 2 = ?

Looks like somebody can't read, I said I have no idea who they are talking about....oh and 2 + 2 = 4

How long have the diaries themselves been in the hands of Arbitron? I know the results have not dropped yet, but its possible someone knows someone on the inside who gave them a foreshadowing of things to come.

It'd be interesting, as its been a while since we've seen any major upsets of any kind but I doubt its gonna happen. For the most part, the big 3 are always the big 3 although perhaps in different orders but I will just wait and see what the book holds.

Anyone know the date the #'s drop anyway? Seems late this year

Steve to answer your questions the book ended June 27th but I heard this rumor the very next week so the odds that someone on the inside knew are kinda slim, wouldn't you think? Who knows maybe I am wrong

Numbers drop July 31 for subscribers and August 1st for everybody else

ameyer said:
Steve to answer your questions the book ended June 27th but I heard this rumor the very next week so the odds that someone on the inside knew are kinda slim, wouldn't you think? Who knows maybe I am wrong

Numbers drop July 31 for subscribers and August 1st for everybody else

How exactly does "everybody else" get numbers if they do not subscribe? Isn't the point of subscribing (besides the obvious which is Arbitron ripping you off with their crappy ratings system) to know how your station fared in the "ratings?"

shilton said:
Forever is dropping its subscription to the Arbs, so they don't care what the book has to say.

Because they don't subscribe doesn't mean they aren't interested in the outcome. If the survey said that they suddenly owned the five lowest rated stations in the market, I think they'd care.

Agencies big and small rely on Arbitron's survey data, placing buys often based on some arbitrary formula of reach, frequency, cost per point, cost per thousand, impressions, yadda yadda yadda.

Spack...What exactly is yada yada yada technical for? ;D

Becker "Everybody Else" means those who don't subscribe can see the overall numbers on Allaccess and R&R on the 1st...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom