• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Forever Media Sells 34 Stations to Seven Mountains

Not at all. The four licenses that were owned by Seven Mountains were placed in a holding company owned by Seven Mountains CEO Jim Loftus for divestment. 95.3 will be swapped to Lightner Communications for their 1260/104.3 WPHB. 95.3 has assumed the WRSC News/Talk brand that was previously on 1390/93.3 via LMA. The other three FMs on 94.5, 97.1 and 98.7 are all still currently running a stunt loop of David Bowie's "Changes" and redirecting listeners to the Seven Mountains website to find where all their brands are going.

It is expected that two of those stations will shortly convert to non-commercial status joining Christian networks ahead of sales/swaps.
Christian networks what a waste of signal 😒 🙄

Christian networks what a waste of signal 😒 🙄
If you are of that particular Christian constituency, it will be perceived as a positive move and, of course, "a blessing".

If a local station in my area changes from country to alternative, I do not say it is a "waste" just because I don't care at all for alternative. The whole idea is to have stations cover a wide range of formats, and there are multiple Christian options that are useful and viable... even if I would never listen to any of them.

If you are of that particular Christian constituency, it will be perceived as a positive move and, of course, "a blessing".

If a local station in my area changes from country to alternative, I do not say it is a "waste" just because I don't care at all for alternative. The whole idea is to have stations cover a wide range of formats, and there are multiple Christian options that are useful and viable... even if I would never listen to any of them.
I was raised Catholic but I find Christianity's preachers being hypocritical. Islam and Judaism and Hinduism and Buddhism and other religions are far more interesting to me personally. All of it is the same stuff treat others the way you want to be treated.

I was raised Catholic but I find Christianity's preachers being hypocritical. Islam and Judaism and Hinduism and Buddhism and other religions are far more interesting to me personally. All of it is the same stuff treat others the way you want to be treated.
That is your preference. However, there are some well done Christian formats that have considerable mass appeal.

I wonder if 7MM will make programming changes in any markets besides State College. They do not have any News/Talk formats in their portfolio besides the ones that were owned by Forever. I'm not sure how well these stations perform in their respective markets but it will be interesting to see if they stick around. I'm guessing a few of the frogs will stick around, and one or two might switch to the bigfoot branding. I can see Hot AC stations owned by Forever rebranding under the pop radio brand. The music and programming featured pop radio branded stations would easily succeed in Johnstown, Altoona, and Franklin/Meadville. What are anyone else's thoughts on this?

I wonder if 7MM will make programming changes in any markets besides State College. They do not have any News/Talk formats in their portfolio besides the ones that were owned by Forever. I'm not sure how well these stations perform in their respective markets but it will be interesting to see if they stick around. I'm guessing a few of the frogs will stick around, and one or two might switch to the bigfoot branding. I can see Hot AC stations owned by Forever rebranding under the pop radio brand. The music and programming featured pop radio branded stations would easily succeed in Johnstown, Altoona, and Franklin/Meadville. What are anyone else's thoughts on this?
Hot 92 and Hot 100 are CHRs not Hot A/Cs

They're CHR branded but air Westwood One Hot A/C programming almost entirely. They air a few weekend CHR shows. I live in their broadcast area and regularly listen to the stations.
Correct. Prior to the changes in State College, WMAJ was running the same Westwood One feed as them. Only real difference was imaging.

WHMJ/WXMJ in the Meadville/Franklin market airs that same Westwood One feed.

I do have to chuckle that if you go to the 7MM corporate site says:

"We were just minding our own business when the call came in from Pennsylvania. Communities that we cared about were crying out for good quality Radio. The Radio that they loved had slowly been replaced with programming and disc jockeys shot in from a satellite, the same songs over and over, and a lack of engaging local content."

Meanwhile they are airing said satellite formats on the former Forever stations, and the call actually came in from Dad.

WHMJ/WXMJ in the Meadville/Franklin market airs that same Westwood One feed.

I do have to chuckle that if you go to the 7MM corporate site says:

"We were just minding our own business when the call came in from Pennsylvania. Communities that we cared about were crying out for good quality Radio. The Radio that they loved had slowly been replaced with programming and disc jockeys shot in from a satellite, the same songs over and over, and a lack of engaging local content."

Meanwhile they are airing said satellite formats on the former Forever stations, and the call actually came in from Dad.
They've owned those stations for about a month. They will need to install new automation systems in each of the markets they've acquired, which they started with in State College as Seven Mountains moved into Forever's building. The other markets will follow as they replace Westwood One's Storq with NexGen and localize programming.

I'm still surprised 7mm hasn't rebranded any of the acquired stations yet. It makes me wonder if they are planning any. I haven't heard any updates on 94.5 or 98.7 in State College.

I'm still surprised 7mm hasn't rebranded any of the acquired stations yet. It makes me wonder if they are planning any. I haven't heard any updates on 94.5 or 98.7 in State College.
Both are in the process of being leased/sold to other groups like 97.1 was.

Seven Mountains will also begin revamping the programming in one of the other markets it acquired this week.

Both are in the process of being leased/sold to other groups like 97.1 was.

Seven Mountains will also begin revamping the programming in one of the other markets it acquired this week.
As they move CHR Hot 100 to AM. What a joke and a waste. This company HATES CHR.

WFBG, my erstwhile nemesis, is stunting, and apparently will flip to "Pop" whenever that is done. They owned the market for a while in the 1980s.

C.

Back
Top Bottom