• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Football Rules Radio In Nashville

(Was going to start a topic, but now i get to use this one.) What does Midwest get from owning 106.7? Do they make any change in the foreseeable future?

What does Midwest get from owning 106.7? Do they make any change in the foreseeable future?

If you notice, both CHRs are underperforming. Midwest gets a younger demographic with Hot than they have with Mix or Jack.

WGFX pulls out the big win. Not many surprises rolling down through the ranks. Thoughts?

You called it, Tibbs: The Zone benefits by having UT this year, so they're killing the Game.

I bet The Zone is actually taking some listeners from co-owned Icon, costing them a point.

Yes! Remember GFX was under 3 in a book earlier this year.

I think it is really stunning that the two CHRs that have fallen far and side by side.

We all discuss the “evolution” of CHR. I wonder if Nashville is the poster child for the crossroads of younger listeners and “today’s music” on radio not meshing.

We all discuss the “evolution” of CHR. I wonder if Nashville is the poster child for the crossroads of younger listeners and “today’s music” on radio not meshing.
This general trend is playing out in just about every market.

If you take these numbers and segment by general format, rock out performs country and CHR seriously in a place it should never be. If you add non-subscribers in the 6+ you get 20 shares for “rock/classic/newrock/classichits” and below that is country.

If you take these numbers and segment by general format, rock out performs country and CHR seriously in a place it should never be. If you add non-subscribers in the 6+ you get 20 shares for “rock/classic/newrock/classichits” and below that is country.

Depends on what the goal is: 6+ or 18-34. I don't know anyone who sells 6+ numbers.

The fact is that CHR may deliver smaller 6+, but it usually is Top 5 with 18-34. That's something they can sell.

Depends on what the goal is: 6+ or 18-34. I don't know anyone who sells 6+ numbers.

The fact is that CHR may deliver smaller 6+, but it usually is Top 5 with 18-34. That's something they can sell.
How long has it been since CHR was a dominant No. 1 with 18-34 in Nashville, or other major markets, for that matter? Top 5 seems to be a pretty low bar set for music that's always targeted that demo.

How long has it been since CHR was a dominant No. 1 with 18-34 in Nashville, or other major markets, for that matter? Top 5 seems to be a pretty low bar set for music that's always targeted that demo.

The other factor is CHR tends to be more female, so that helps when compared to a sports or rock station.

And 18-34 buys are nowhere near as common as either broader 25-54 (or 18-49 for Black and Hispanic and buys that parallel TV's standard 18-49 demo) or very specific, such as 25-44 Women.

And it's not going to be very common outside perhaps the top 10 markets or so to see a buy go 5 deep; the exception is when the buy is for package rates on several clusters that include, each, a group of each cluster's younger leaning stations.

And it's not going to be very common outside perhaps the top 10 markets or so to see a buy go 5 deep; the exception is when the buy is for package rates on several clusters that include, each, a group of each cluster's younger leaning stations.

In this case Midwest owns Adult Hits, AC, and CHR.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom