• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Federated Defiance?

K

kentuckymedia

Is Federated back in the building on Radio Drive? Rumor has it they have come back to the plate with San Antonio and are seriously knocking around numbers.

The deal would include:

1280 - WONW : News/Talk/Sports
98.1 - WDFM : Hot Adult Contemporary
103.1 - WNDH : Adult Contemporary
105.7 - WZOM : Country

I had heard multiple times that 105.7 would simply become a repeater for K105 in Fort Wayne burrying WZOM Defiance at the top of the hour. Not sure if that would be true or not, but it could potentially save them a ton of money.

They would fall under the name Fallen Timbers i presume.

This makes me happy. Federated is a great company that for the most part, really takes care of there properties.. atleast better than CC does. Then again, an ant farm could take better care of them better than CC.

It makes quite a bit of money too. Much more than the nearby markets of Findlay and Lima, who is incharge of that ship?

Is Fed's plan for Defiance similar to what was being tossed around previously, i.e. a tower swap for WDFM (Mix 98-1) and Froggy, then targeting Mix to Fort Wayne as a CHR?

michiana_media said:
This makes me happy. Federated is a great company that for the most part, really takes care of there properties.. atleast better than CC does. Then again, an ant farm could take better care of them better than CC.

From what I have heard about their equipment (second hand and no proof), a company that takes care of their properties would be a breath of fresh air to the Defiance cluster. Then again, any company that takes care of it's properties is welcomed...right?

Dont quote me on this, but I had heard that Federated wanted to install a "Classic Hits AC" format (70's, 80's, 90's, BOB FM kinda thing) on 98.1 calling it "98.1 THE DRIVE". Then tweak WNDH to lean more of a Defiance/Napoleon AC and keep Froggy as a Hot AC.

This would probably allow them to move the "Whatever Weekends" on WMEE and push that station back into its Adult Hot AC position it once dominated with.

What's the deal with "Froggy"? Thought they had a different owner. Or is "Fallen Timbers" just a shell company for Federated?

Wish Fererated would return to Cincy...they did a much better job running WCKY(AM) before Jacor(..later CC) took over.

Federated did an awesome job in Cincy. Totally forgot about that! Yeah, Fallen Timbers, Warsaw Media Management, JAMRadio and Fort Radio is all part of Federated.
Plus they own a dozen other sub-companies.

As for WSNY, I did work there at one point, but never as a consultant. Saga is a tremendous company, lots of experienced people with passion running the ships in Grosse Pointe.

We do consult a station that is soon going to be a step closer to Columbus.

WONW's fate would be interesting.

I'd like to see them keep the talk format, but bolstered a bit thanks to Federated's own WOWO just to the west. They could position 1280 as Definace's own talk station, mirroring WOWO's syndicated programming (much of which WONW has already, save for the sports PBP) but simultaniously substituting the local content.

Besides, who wouldn't want to see WONW's logo recast in the old Group W typeface? :)

I heard the deal is still in the works, but San Antonio is jerking the chains (like they did in Mansfield)

WONW's fate would be interesting.

I'd like to see them keep the talk format, but bolstered a bit thanks to Federated's own WOWO just to the west. They could position 1280 as Definace's own talk station, mirroring WOWO's syndicated programming (much of which WONW has already, save for the sports PBP) but simultaniously substituting the local content.

Besides, who wouldn't want to see WONW's logo recast in the old Group W typeface?
I can just hear it in the afternoon..."414thisiswonwandimpatwhite"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom