• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FCC Application for a new AM Band Satellite IP Facebook Portal station

I'm reading this as some sort of vacationing/travelers radio channel.

With the applicant's connection to Buffalo, NY, she probably got the idea from CFLZ which was a tourist information station in Niagara Falls, Canada in the 90's. It ended up being a backdoor way of getting a new commercial FM station on the air over time, through a series of regulatory steps like frequency changes and format swaps with the co-owned AM CJRN. Today it's CJED-FM "The River" 105.1 shooting its signal into Buffalo 6 miles from the NY state border on the Canadian side.

I'm guessing the Post Office wouldn't be able to deliver to "Brooklyn, NV" anyway.

Yesterday the same person applied for an Experimental Digital Class A TV Station using an antenna manufactured by META, Facebook Portal model. The proposed station was to operate on Channel 14 licensed to Brooklyn, NY with a transmission facility near the Kerguelen Islands.

The application was dismissed today.

The FCC should block their ability to file applications online. If they really want this Facebook/Meta station, make them print out the application and deliver it to Washington, DC via Certified Mail.

I don't know why the FCC hasn't cancelled her FRN account. The system pretty much assumes that anyone who's going to go to the (very modest) trouble of getting an FRN account is going to use it responsibly, and for the most part, we all do. It may be that there's simply no process for blocking someone who uses their FRN to file repetitive time-wasting junk applications.

Be that as it may, they haven't done so, and so the filings continue on and off. They long ago ceased to be of much amusement, at least to me. They never last long in the system, and of course will never result in actual CPs or stations. "Joann" clearly has some bigger issues in her life, and probably needs a lot more help than she's getting.

I don't know why the FCC hasn't cancelled her FRN account. The system pretty much assumes that anyone who's going to go to the (very modest) trouble of getting an FRN account is going to use it responsibly, and for the most part, we all do. It may be that there's simply no process for blocking someone who uses their FRN to file repetitive time-wasting junk applications.

Be that as it may, they haven't done so, and so the filings continue on and off. They long ago ceased to be of much amusement, at least to me. They never last long in the system, and of course will never result in actual CPs or stations. "Joann" clearly has some bigger issues in her life, and probably needs a lot more help than she's getting.

You know who we havent seen a filing from lately?

Kylee Lynn Stein in California

The FCC should block their ability to file applications online. If they really want this Facebook/Meta station, make them print out the application and deliver it to Washington, DC via Certified Mail.
Years ago government passed the 'Paperwork Reduction Act'. The idea was exactly the opposite of what you are suggesting.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom