• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Family Radio Moving To Nashville

And none of these moves will really enhance the quality of local radio's on air presentation! This indeed an interesting time. Reminds me of when all the music publications showed up on Music Row years ago. There are a lot of moves aheads for 2020 and beyond. I think this a defining moment in the evolution of listeners ears. Nashville needs to be in tune with the future.

I don't expect Family Radio to move away from being traditional, but if they can go to more Biblically sound teaching and not have a KJV Only or anti-CCM attitude and not turn into a dollar a holler outfit it will be an improvement.

The thing to know is that Family Radio doesn't own a single radio station in Nashville or even the state of Tennessee. The closest market to Nashville is Birmingham. So this is primarily a corporate move, made for corporate reasons. The article in the OP talks about the savings they'll experience by leaving California. From what I can see, they do centralized programming that is carried on their local radio stations. So the production will move to Nashville. But no one there will be able to hear it on the air. This may change. They've been selling stations in weak markets, and there are lots of AM stations available in Tennessee if they want to buy a few.

The thing to know is that Family Radio doesn't own a single radio station in Nashville or even the state of Tennessee. The closest market to Nashville is Birmingham. So this is primarily a corporate move, made for corporate reasons. The article in the OP talks about the savings they'll experience by leaving California. From what I can see, they do centralized programming that is carried on their local radio stations. So the production will move to Nashville. But no one there will be able to hear it on the air. This may change. They've been selling stations in weak markets, and there are lots of AM stations available in Tennessee if they want to buy a few.

I just hope they don't buy any existing CCM stations. Bott, who is one of the best in Christian talk, but has bought several CCM stations to change to their format in the past, including WNAZ in Nashville.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom