• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ESPN trimulcast in Panama City?

I can’t find any information online, but I was listening to local sports talk on WGSX 104.3 ESPN Panama City and they said they were also on WVLQ 101.9 Port St. Joe and WTOT 102.1 Marianna.

Any insight? cceng?

I can’t find any information online, but I was listening to local sports talk on WGSX 104.3 ESPN Panama City and they said they were also on WVLQ 101.9 Port St. Joe and WTOT 102.1 Marianna.

Any insight? cceng?
Gold Standard recently completed their purchase of WVLQ and began the simulcast in the last month. Inside Radio reported it in Deal Digest 6/2/22. I'm not sure about their connection to WTOT.
Deal Digest: Carpenter Broadcasting Jumps Into The Twin Cities.

They have the Port St Joe signal on a temporary tower 46 meters and 100 watts according to the FCC database......however that Marianna signal is on a translator of an AM station that is not on the air......illegal as hell....there is nothing on 980 (WTOT) in Marianna.....technically that translator should be off too.....that's all I am going to say about that.....

Last edited:
however that Marianna signal is on a translator of an AM station that is not on the air......illegal as hell....there is nothing on 980 (WTOT) in Marianna.....technically that translator should be off too.....that's all I am going to say about that.....
Hope you or someone from that area will hold them to account. We have way too many radio stations breaking the rules and personally, that pisses me off. Just saying.​

Dan <><

Clarification.....104.3 Licensed to Lynn Haven is no longer an LMA with Horizon Broadcasting.....it was purchased by Gold Standard Broadcasting which is running ESPN (and was before the LMA)......IF the AM station in Marianna was off the air, the translator on 102.1 in Marianna would have to be off the air....this is not under the control of the Lynn Haven ESPN station.....if I implied that they (104.3) were violating FCC rules regarding Marianna, I apologize.....HOWEVER, if the Marianna translator is on the air, and 980 AM is off the air in Marianna, the Marianna station(s) are in violation....just wanted to make that clear for those who thought I was saying the Lynn Haven station was violating the FCC Rules. Mic drop

Is WFCT Apalachicola The Coast 105.5 still on the air? It looks like license renewal is pending.
Freddy...nope. 105.5 has been off for years. SBA towers locked them out of the building and seized their gear for non-payment of rent. There is a big notice from SBA on the door of their building.

Freddy...nope. 105.5 has been off for years. SBA towers locked them out of the building and seized their gear for non-payment of rent. There is a big notice from SBA on the door of their building.
This station is among the ones Williams has that are in bankruptcy court in Northern Alabama courts. This is a listing from Hadden & Associates. Not hard to google and figure out who this is for sale. Includes his 2 FMs and AM in Gadsden AL.
  • ALABAMA​

Chapter 11 Group, AM/FM - Alabama & Florida Coastal - Asking $2.5M

Any insight? cceng?
Shot in the dark here but does ESPN radio work anywhere in the country? I’m being sincere - I’m not familiar with any market in the country that it work in

Shot in the dark here but does ESPN radio work anywhere in the country? I’m being sincere - I’m not familiar with any market in the country that it work in
If it's the only game in town. That said, why would you affiliate with ESPN if you can get much better personalities like Dan Patrick or Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports Radio, or Jim Rome on CBS, or Rich Eisen on Westwood One? ESPN Radio almost seems like an afterthought now.

Back
Top Bottom