• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eric Ferguson of WTMX sued for Misconduct

Filed in a Cook County, IL court, DeNicolo claims the “Eric in the Morning” host taunted her with the phrase “I need a backrub” – code for oral sex – through her 20-year career at WTMX and demanded personal favors, such as babysitting his children.

The suit, filed in May, accuses the Radio Hall of Famer of intentional infliction of emotional distress and claims DeNicolo suffered extreme humiliation, substantial distress, hair loss, migraines, anxiety, weight gain, sleep loss and nightmares.

DeNicolo says in the suit that she never reported the highly rated morning man’s behavior to station management, fearing she would “lose her job, be publicly shamed, and humiliated out of the radio industry or otherwise driven out of radio by a vindictive Eric Ferguson,” the Tribune reports, quoting from the lawsuit.

Eric Ferguson has now been removed from WTMX for the above lawsuit.

The fact that he still hasn't been fired shows how desperate they are to NOT get rid of him. Usually even when the accusation on a public figure isn't collaborated they just can the person to make it go away. The accusations against Eric have been collaborated (and there is obvious circumstantial evidence in play as well) and they're only suspending him. How much has this station been reliant on Eric to stay afloat that they'll bend over backwards this far to try to hang onto him?

I guess we'll know when the October radio ratings come out and if there's a massive blow to WTMX.

The fact that he still hasn't been fired shows how desperate they are to NOT get rid of him. Usually even when the accusation on a public figure isn't collaborated they just can the person to make it go away. The accusations against Eric have been collaborated (and there is obvious circumstantial evidence in play as well) and they're only suspending him. How much has this station been reliant on Eric to stay afloat that they'll bend over backwards this far to try to hang onto him?

I guess we'll know when the October radio ratings come out and if there's a massive blow to WTMX.

The “October” ratings period covers September 16th to October 13th, so only one week of his absence will be part of that survey.

Hubbard is a very good company.

If they are going to bend over, it’s going to bend over to do the right thing.

It’s a process.

More fallout from the Eric Ferguson situation:

I wonder how will this effect the station ratings wise

Remember when Fitz called the flagger gal the C word? Or did you not hear about that because it was brushed under the rug so fast by a higher up inside the local Hubbard station?

Back during my on air days, all of it was brushed under the rug. Women were frightened to bring up transgressions. If they were not believed, they were discredited and worse. If they were believed, they feared retribution. I'll take these days over those.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom