• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Equity Atlantic City To iHeart

Re the stream, I'll miss that jingle for East Coast Roofing and Siding.

"East Coast Roofing and Siding,
Trust us with your family and home."

I'll also miss the spots for that bakery whose narrator begins and ends the spot with half hearted renditions of Sinatra songs like "The Summer Wind" (one of my faves by Frankie). And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.

RIP WMID stream.

I wonder what's going to happen with the Phillies broadcasts next year, would iHeart retain the Phils on WZXL? Or would the new owner of WMID-WCMC keep them?

I wonder what's going to happen with the Phillies broadcasts next year, would iHeart retain the Phils on WZXL? Or would the new owner of WMID-WCMC keep them?
I'm sure I'll miss the intro to "Start Me Up" under WZXL's legal (on WMID/WCMC!) during station breaks on Phillies 'casts. (I live just outside of WCMC's pattern and I live nowhere near WMID's pattern, but I get WCMC whenever I'm at the Delaware beaches, Ocean City (Maryland), or in Dover or even Middletown, DE. Heck, I've even gotten WCMC relatively faintly around the welcome center on Route 13 in Virginia(!)

If the Phillies broadcasts bill well for them, I don't see why not. I could see either WZXL or WMID/WCMC try to retain the rights. It also depends on whether the Phillies want an exclusive radio deal for South Jersey or not. For all we know, the Phillies may allow both new owners to have the rights to broadcast their games.

Is zxl carrying the Phillies game today?
Don't know about 'zxl but out in my car during a break from work (around the second inning) I tried to hear the game on WCMC through the dominating signal of WRBS Baltimore, and heard the oldies format rather than baseball (I was only testing anyway before tuning back to WEEU which I have no trouble pulling in the day signal of.

Back
Top Bottom