• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

early my three sons

I am a big fan of My Three Sons but for some reason when a service picks the old shows up its always the newer ones CBS 65 in color, with Ernie and Uncle Charley. I asked the outlets why and they said no service is allowed to show the ABC 60-65 black and white episodes. After many years, I was shocked the Decades channel had a My Three Sons weekend and low and behold they showed all the early episode, 60-65 with Bub, it was refreshing, how did this happen. I guess the early shows are available and so much better.

Though it's been years, I only remember Nick at Nite showing the older B&W episodes when they used to air them waaaaayyy back in the later 80s / early 90s.

MeTV airs the entire series of My Three Sons, weekday mornings at 6:30am ET/PT. They acquired the black-and-white episodes several years ago, and it's run in rotation with the color ones, in chronological order. If I'm not mistaken, MeTV is currently airing season five (the final one with William Frawley and the recently-deceased Tim Considine).

On the other hand Me TV shows mostly the black & white Andy Griffith shows and almost never the color episodes. I know a lot of people think the color episodes aren't as good and I agree to some extent, but I think they weren't as good because of Don Knotts having left the show at the same time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom