• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eagles vs. Phillies

Because of the rainout Monday night, since the Eagles game was already scheduled for WIP, according to the Phillies radio team tonight, Game 4 Thursday will be on 1210 AM and 103.9 KYW-FM. I guess that means 1060 KYW-AM will still be news rather than have the game on both KYW stations?

Because of the rainout Monday night, since the Eagles game was already scheduled for WIP, according to the Phillies radio team tonight, Game 4 Thursday will be on 1210 AM and 103.9 KYW-FM. I guess that means 1060 KYW-AM will still be news rather than have the game on both KYW stations?

Probably and that's good to keep the all-news format going uninterrupted.

I thought Audacy was using WOGL 98.1 as a back up for the Phillies...103.9 has a less than stellar signal in some areas.

So they basically renamed the station to "KYW NewsRadio 103.9 FM" and started promoting that much more heavily than the AM (do they mention 1060 anywhere other than the station logo?)...and the FM is where they're going to interrupt their regular format? Doesn't sound terribly smart to me, but what the heck do I know?

Ha -- I was in the chat room of an internet Oldies station last night, mentioning the potential conflict in metro Philly homes between the undefeated Eagles viewers and the World Series Phillies viewers on TV.
A good pal of mine there posted back, 'And in Houston, too.' (Eagles vs Texans).

Ah .... television and the media .... doing their level best to continue dividing households ......

Audacy would have been fools to split the 2 KYW stations, 103.9 FM doesn't have the good signal reach like the other city FM's and 1060 AM has.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom