• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

E Skip opening today

There was a 4 hour E skip opening to my area (NW Florida) today from about 11am until 3pm Central. Heard stations in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas, Iowa, North and South Dakota and Nevada. I noticed some interference to my 100kw FM on 94.5 and tuned around and found many stations VERY strong from that area of the country.....I guess I need to get ready for the QSL card request since I am engineer for 5 FMs....all but one are 100kw.

Charlie Wooten
Clear Channel Radio
Panama City, FL
Ham Call NF4A

UGH!!!!!!! I missed the opening! Of course, it's going to be extremely hot tomorrow and Wednesday in Washington, with tempatures up into the lower 100s!!!! Some breaks, I DXed for only 10 minutes today. Got me KINK, and a station playing CHR music on 101.9. That's it.

-crainbebo

From where I am at...there was a Sporadic E-Skip opening but the opening was for radio stations in Texas and Mexico. I logged around 25 stations.

Some stations I logged include:

KONO 101.1 Helotes, TX - 966 miles (first HD radio signal via e-skip)
KISS 99.5 San Antonio, TX - 962 miles (HD radio signal via e-skip)
XHMZI 91.1 Monclova, COAH - 1207 miles
KIXS 107.9 Victoria, TX - 914 miles

At 7:00pm...there was another e-skip opening but it was so short. I only managed to log two stations and they are:

WSEW 88.5 Sanford, ME - 859 miles
CHNI 88.9 Saint John, NB - 1123 miles

Looking forward to the next e-skip opening coming very soon.

Monday 7/27 brought some E-Skip into Poughkeepsie, NY, which included Kentucky for a new state, #37.

5:57pm - WBKR-92.5 Owensboro, KY at 756 miles, new state.
6:20pm - KKLR-94.5 Poplar Bluff, MO. "Clear 94" 949 miles.
6:21pm - WCDZ-95.1 Dresden, TN "Oldies 95.1" 879 miles.
6:23pm - WUEZ-95.1 Carterville, IL. 862 miles.
6:35pm - WTBG-95.3 Brownsville, TN "Brownsville Radio". 930 miles.
6:38pm - KVHU-95.3 Judsonia, AR 1051 miles.
7:04pm - WAYW-89.9 New Johnsonville, TN with "Total Axxess" program with Wally. 854 miles.

Also, an unID 95.3 at 6:31pm with Kentucky news stories, probably would have been KY #2.

The E-skip season is nearing an end. Hoping for at least a couple more openings. Maybe later today (Tuesday).

WAYW 89.9 New Johnsonville Tennessee 854 246 7/27/2009 7:04 PM Way-FM

I currently live in Queretaro, Mexico and caught WXBM 102.7 from Pensacola, FL yesterday evening on e-skip from 8-8:15 PM CDT. One of the best catches I've had in a lifetime!

elchupacabras said:
I currently live in Queretaro, Mexico and caught WXBM 102.7 from Pensacola, FL yesterday evening on e-skip from 8-8:15 PM CDT. One of the best catches I've had in a lifetime!

Congratulations--great catch.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom