• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dunn on Wild 93.9 Lima

A

AugC

I recieved a few messages on this topic....and to be honest I don't know. The few that have messaged have said he was canned because his ratings were down and they couldn't afford to pay him. But from a very reliable source...he had ratings that were 25+! I tought kentucky media might have an inside slant on things but I guess not. I hope Dunn (kevin..i think is his real name...maybe it 's ryan) can land a gig at a place that nurtures creativity and honesty instead of hinders it and one that pays well too. I too have listened online to his show...wow...really good and if he gets the right pd...could really shine. His phone skills are amazing. As for wild, looks like things are ryding into the sunset so to speak.
One wonders how long the status quo will go on in Lima before the brass start cleaning house. If Dunn is reading this:Good Luck dude! You'll find something soon! The good ones always do;)
Might try your luck over at star 92?

B. katz

AugC-

Thank you for the pro-commentor. I work hard at getting knowledge in what I know.

I too have had the opportunity to listen on-line to Dunn a time or two, and he always has been one of the top jocks ive listened to on the air. He has tremendous on-air skills, and great phones. The problem is that WLWD is all over the map with music. If they remained relevant with Rhythmic titles and followed pro-forma on the music, they could have held their ground, instead they are worried about chasing their competition by the tail.

Dunn has had very healthy numbers in the past. In the latest ratings (all I have is combined) WLWD and WWSR were tied for 2nd place with persons and WWSR beat WLWD with Women.

I'm glad this came up...

In regards to the ratings situation (and sort of in agreement with the last guy), I think the reason that WILD's numbers went down as they did wasn't because STAR or WDOH was sounding better (granted, that might have had a little bit to do with it), but I it was because the people at the helm of WILD spent just a little too much time worrying about what STAR was going to do and not enough time looking at their own product...therefore, changing the content as STAR was making it's changes, taking the music from being programmed really well with a good mix, to being (as someone stated earlier) all over the map. In the meantime, STAR and 'DOH came in and picked up the listeners that started sampling as 93.9's product changed. Some of those listeners WILD was able to gain back, and the others...well, we know where they went.

Now, on the topic of Dunn...I just got wind of this a day or two ago, so I have no idea what is going on. From the things that I've been hearing is that ratings was not a factor in his termination...but that's all I'm getting. So, until then, I guess we all have to make our own judgments until we find out the truth I guess! :)

Be blessed...

I'm hearing rumblings that Phil Austin will make his return on Monday night at 7:00 PM on WILD. I heard he was doing sales over there, so I guess it stands to reason for him to be back on. But, maybe this will translate into the night ratings they are looking for. Good luck Phil and welcome back to the airwaves.

Yeah, I hear the same thing (about Phil). I guess it's going to be called something along the lines of "Big Philly Style"...or something to that effect.

If that's indeed the title, it's kind of a bit cheesy...but, it works! It's a good selling title. Hopefully Phil can help that station out considering the performance of it's last book.

Granted, I'm a Maverick supporter (considering I'm employed there)...but, the CC-Lima cluster (excluding T-102/WIMT) needs help BAD!!!

the only way they will ever get ahead is without Kim, Ed, Russ, Phil, Renae and others. Phil coming back was too late in the game, the station already has mold from the water damage.

kentuckymedia said:
the only way they will ever get ahead is without Kim, Ed, Russ, Phil, Renae and others. Phil coming back was too late in the game, the station already has mold from the water damage.

Where does Renee come into all of this? Last I knew, she was not affiliated with WILD. As far as Phil goes, only time will tell.

I've known Phil for a very long time. I Tuned in to hear him tonight and thought it sounded good. (Imaging was a little dry) There is no doubt that phil will be a good air talent. He has far more experience than many in the market. And if SSR ever gets nights together, Phil will probably out-perform anyone they could find. As an air talent that is. As far as this translating into the night numbers they are looking for as sdm12 suggested, it is doubtful. The ratings for the night slot were already the best ratings on the station. You can't fix what isn't broken. In fact, WIMT and WLWD were tied in nights. Clear Channel had the best two night ratings in the entire Lima market. On WLWD, they were 25 plus where the two previous dayparts were much lower. WLWD lost numbers because the music if obviously senseless, and in some hours, mirror images of the day before. copy paste anyone? Phil will succeed only if programming gets it together, or maybe if phil just programs it. So to emphasize on the common theme here: music is all over the map. Who takes the blame for that?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom