• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Don Werlinger gets another translator K217DJ - KEMAH

93QClassic.com

The KFCC chameleon Don Werlinger has changed his colors... AGAIN!

Yesterday (4/1/15) the FCC approved the transfer of this Kemah translator license from Best Media to RAFTT. https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/w...xt=25&appn=101675116&formid=345&fac_num=92520

The most interesting part is that Don Werlinger is no longer using Bob Morrow's name on RAFTT's filings with the FCC. He now has a new alias - Kyle Montgomery. I have met Kyle; he's the nice young man who hosts the sports talk program. See pic... I wonder if Kyle knows...

20141204_161037.jpg

However, the phone number on the application remains the same -- Don Werlinger's personal cell phone!

Last edited:
Yes, tell Kyle. And prank call Don. LOL just kidding about that last part.

The FCC shouldn't let this happen...

I had an email from Washington this morning shortly after I posted this thread. (Yes, the FCC reads posts on this website!) The audio division wanted me to send them Kyle's contact information. So the bungling federal bureaucracy is still in the information gathering mode...

I think it's good that the FCC is finally standing up to all this terrible corruption.

I think it's good that the FCC is finally standing up to all this terrible corruption.

It's even better that Joe is finally producing some results. Kudos, Joe. A standing ovation for you, sir. Now, if you could get them to go back and look at K236AR's track record when it was in Angleton and how it suddenly ended up as the tallest translator in Houston, that would be the proverbial cherry on top.

I just can't believe you actually got the permit for 106-1 rescinded, and the transfer of 91-3 denied. I have to say, you backed up the talk. My hat's off to you, Joe. I'm sorry I ever doubted your ability to make it happen.

Anonymouse, maybe there's hope for KQQB yet...

You're right, Purple. Should have mentioned it myself.

93Q, it's really appreciated over here, for the sake of doing the right thing. :)

It's even better that Joe is finally producing some results. Kudos, Joe. A standing ovation for you, sir. Now, if you could get them to go back and look at K236AR's track record when it was in Angleton and how it suddenly ended up as the tallest translator in Houston, that would be the proverbial cherry on top. I just can't believe you actually got the permit for 106-1 rescinded, and the transfer of 91-3 denied. I have to say, you backed up the talk. My hat's off to you, Joe. I'm sorry I ever doubted your ability to make it happen.

Purple, don't get all excited yet. All they did so far is rescind the pending transfer of K217DJ to RAFTT, and deny the pending modification of K291CE to be nondirectional at 250 watts. The already granted permit to move to the same tower as K236AR remains in effect for now, albeit with a directional lobe SW taking the signal away from Houston. I don't think you will see the FCC rescinding or taking action on most of the older apps that were fraudulently submitted by Werlinger using Morrow's name. Many of the stations are owned by other companies which can claim they knew nothing about the wrongdoing.

If the FCC goes back and voids modifications, then how do they deal with everyone else? For instance, the 94.1 translator that came back to life after years of silence. Don was involved in that, but it technically was owned by a company in New York that transferred it to a Houston area church. There's a pending LPFM app for 94.1 to broadcast from a tower somewhere near 610 and 290. Now that a supposedly dead translator is lit up, that frequency is totally unusable. Or consider LPFM apps that were granted on a channel that was open because Werlinger had moved a translator from that channel to another. If his modification is revoked, does the translator have to return to the original channel and displace a new LPFM. Its a can of worms the FCC doesn't want to open.

11156210_1086151064733687_2969478732511532044_n.jpg

Then the FCC has me, a disgruntled broadcaster wannabe, who is taking a stick and poking at a figurative nest of broadcaster hornets. The FCC is like a maintenance man. They know about the nest up under the awning. As long as people leave the nest alone, the wasp leave folks alone -- and business continues as usual. But Joe has come along and stirred the nest. The wasp are now taking flight, with some threatening to sting him.

KRI725.pvw.jpg

And by the way, here's something really interesting. Received another anonymous email a few days ago with info about an LPTV channel. Further research found that due to some paperwork confusion and a dispute over ownership, the FCC cancelled the license of W10BM back in the 1990s and an appeal to reinstate was denied (search for "DW10BM" in the CDBS). Despite this, the LPTV's staff refused to cease operations. Over a decade later the station remains on the air, and is even carried by the local cable company. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W10BM I had an hour long phone conversation with the man running the station with the disputed license. A good man confronted with the unthinking FCC bureaucracy who is just trying to do the right thing.

See http://www.tv10morehead.com/
W10BM_TV10_logo.png

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom