• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Don Geronimo's wife killed in car wreck

LouPickney

Inactive
Inactive User
In a tragic accident, Freda Sorce, the wife of Don & Mike's Don Geronimo (real name: Mike Sorce), died last night from injuries suffered in a head-on car crash near Ocean City, MD. DCRTV.com broke the story this morning, but I held off on posting anything about it until I heard how the D&M show handled it. They're having a live show today, with Don Geronimo not in (understandably), but the rest of the staff taking calls, reminiscing about Freda, etc. Since they're talking about it on the show, I don't have a problem mentioning it on here.

I wrote the D&M show and passed along my condolences (and those from the BTLS show). It's been quite a show to hear today, with everyone clearly in an emotional state, including the callers.

Best wishes to everyone who knew Freda and who is associated with the Don & Mike show.<P ID="signature">______________
Lou Pickney
Tampa, FL
RadioHotTalk.com & VarietyHits.com</P>

Tragic news indeed. As someone who listened regularly to the show while it was on in my market, I've always enjoyed her contributions.

My condolences to Don and Bart.

Here's a link to the story from WTOP News.<P ID="signature">______________

New York City Radio and TV</P>

And condolences from an unlikely source...

Posted on an Opie & Anthony fan site - yes, the same O&A who had an infamous feud with D&M back in the day. I always knew that Opie & Anthony had class, this statement cements that.

"Op, Ant, myself and the rest of the show staff learned about Freda Sorce’s death this afternoon as did most of you. We are obviously stunned by it. We’ve all lost people we love and it’s never supposed to happen so unexpectedly. People you love are supposed to grow old with you and fade slowly, not kiss you goodbye and never come home. I am sure the listeners understand that when something horrible like this happens, all meaningless radio squabbles prove to be exactly that; meaningless. 99% of the listeners will know this intuitively; I am explaining this to the 1% who may not. Freda was part of a radio show we went back and forth with, but more importantly, she was a wife and a mother. Don, Bart and the rest of their family have had their lives completely and irreversibly altered. We can control the way we handle and address things on the air, but we cannot control the way listeners respond. I am asking on behalf of the show that all of you display the same respect for Don and his family that we intend to. Not because it’s ‘politically correct’ or for fear of corporate retribution, but because on a human level, it’s the way any of us would want to be treated if it were our own families. jim"<P ID="signature">______________

New York City Radio and TV</P>

> Tragic news indeed. As someone who listened regularly to the
> show while it was on in my market, I've always enjoyed her
> contributions.
>
> My condolences to Don and Bart.
>
> Here's a link to the story from WTOP News.
>
I used to listen to D&M when they were on 100.7FM "The Buzz" in Seattle. My thoughts and prayers also go out to the family. <P ID="signature">______________
"Always on the move." Obi-Wan Kenobi in Revenge Of the Sith</P>

> I also listened to the show when it was on in my market, and
> my prayers also have gone out to the family.
>
>My prayers also will gone out to the family and i also want then to feel well in the future! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom