• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Does anyone have an old Retro USSR TV schedule from the 60s or 70s?

David67 said:
It might be really interesting to see what the Soviets watched on TV in those days.

Soviet television watched you! ;D

KeithE4 said:
David67 said:
It might be really interesting to see what the Soviets watched on TV in those days.

I also thought about that Wendy's commercials from the 80s,with the Soviet fashion show.

David67 said:
KeithE4 said:
David67 said:

I also thought about that Wendy's commercials from the 80s,with the Soviet fashion show.

Hee hee... ;D I haven't thought about that one in years -- a classic. "Now ees....svim vear!"

As for the original query...let's see, there was Today is Moscow, Tibor's Tractor, Hey Giorgy!, What Fits Into Russia?....oh, right. Those were "CCCP1" on SCTV.... ;D

Soviet television watched you!

It didn't watch everybody...It just watched Yakov Smirnoff. That's why he defected to Branson. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go drink some battery acid with the decadent Uzbeks.

Some classic old programs from USSR TV:

I Love Ludmilla

Soviet Bandstand

M*I*G*S

KIEV in Kiev

Stalingrad Law

Siberian Vice

The KGB Files

We Invented Television

Nyet For Women Only

These and many other titles soon available on DVD, Blue Ray, and 8-track.

David67 said:

Unfortunately, I can't help you with schedules, but I would wholeheartedly recommend the book The Universal Eye by Timothy Green, published in the early 1970s. It's an overview of the world's television at that time and includes an entire chapter on the Soviet Union. The book is widely available used on the Internet.

Here's a quote from that very interesting chapter:

"The choice in Moscow, for instance, at eight o'clock one Tuesday in July 1971 was -- U.S.S.R. soccer championships on Channel 1, a profile of worker in a vacuum cleaner factory on Channel 2, a German lesson on Channel 3, and a new film, Bracelet 2, on Channel 4."

According to Green, the first channel was the flagship channel, broadcast across the Soviet Union, but not simultaneously because of the country's many time zones. The second channel was the local Moscow channel, "concentrating primarily on the capital scene..., covering events of the day, local sports and including plenty of live coverage of concerts and ballet." The third channel was "purely educational," while the fourth channel was mostly highbow/cultural.

At the time, the Soviet Union was the only country to use satellites as a primary method of domestic television distribution.

RicoGregg said:

I Love Ludmilla
Soviet Bandstand
M*I*G*S
KIEV in Kiev
Stalingrad Law
Siberian Vice
The KGB Files
We Invented Television
Nyet For Women Only

All in the Gulag
I Spy on You
CSI Leningrad
Love, Decadent Imperialist American Style
The Brezhnev Bunch
The Wild Wild Siberia

And the Soviet version of Star Trek featured Captain Chekov.

RicoGregg said:
KIEV in Kiev

KIEV was actually an AM on 870 kHz in Glendale, CA...but hey,
the Commies would steal from anyone!

Also, don't forget "fearless leader's" hilarious sitcom, Sundays at
8:30 PM (Moscow time, check local listings for other oblasts):

Khrushchev's Due At Idlewild

Nikita the K played an eccentric short and portly Moscow cop
who shared a patrol car with his tall, thin, brooding partner.
His cohort always dreamed about getting his own TV show
playing a Frankenstein monster look-alike. Oooh! Oooh! ;D

I know that two of their longest-running programs, which still exist from the Soviet era,
are "Vremya" (translated "Time"), the nightly TV newscast many of us remember with those very somber looking anchorpeople seated in front of badly chromo-keyed photos of the Kremlin (it looks much more up to date now), and "Good Night, Little Ones", a childrens puppet story program with a live female host. Some of you may remember that Fred Rogers had traveled to Moscow and shot an episode where he visited that program. It is still on, but like Romper Room the hosts move on and are replaced every few years.

FreddyE1977 said:
I know that two of their longest-running programs, which still exist from the Soviet era,
are "Vremya" (translated "Time"), the nightly TV newscast many of us remember with those very somber looking anchorpeople seated in front of badly chromo-keyed photos of the Kremlin (it looks much more up to date now),

It's amazing to see how far the news program Vremya has come!

This is it 1977:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98m9iX-I9UI

This is it 10 years later in 1987:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1j4HqvGd4

1991:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqsQpfnRWJI

2009:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSFzljrhelo

KeithE4 said:
RicoGregg said:

I Love Ludmilla
Soviet Bandstand
M*I*G*S
KIEV in Kiev
Stalingrad Law
Siberian Vice
The KGB Files
We Invented Television
Nyet For Women Only

All in the Gulag
I Spy on You
CSI Leningrad
Love, Decadent Imperialist American Style
The Brezhnev Bunch
The Wild Wild Siberia

And the Soviet version of Star Trek featured Captain Chekov.

There was also...

Here Comes Gorby Boo Boo
Keeping Up With The Khrushchevs
The Real Housewives of Uzbekistan
Soviet Idol
Waltzing With The Stars

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom