• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DJ LAZ at Power 96

M

midwestclubber

Do you think DJ LAZ will start mixing some dance again, and maybe get involved in doing some mixes for Power 96 HD. For those who have forgotten, DJ LAZ used to do Dance Mixes,,,And Urban,,,, for Power back in the day,,,I beleive he is still at Power, doing Hip Hop and Reggae mixes. He also produced some of his own music, He had a breakbeat Track called RED ALERT,,,Not to be confused with the K-5 version of Red Alert.

> Do you think DJ LAZ will start mixing some dance again, and
> maybe get involved in doing some mixes for Power 96 HD. For
> those who have forgotten, DJ LAZ used to do Dance
> Mixes,,,And Urban,,,, for Power back in the day,,,I beleive
> he is still at Power, doing Hip Hop and Reggae mixes. He
> also produced some of his own music, He had a breakbeat
> Track called RED ALERT,,,Not to be confused with the K-5
> version of Red Alert.
>

Laz was amazing back in the day. He's not a one-dimensional DJ, so it'd be interesting if he agreed to start mixing dance for Power 96 again.

> Do you think DJ LAZ will start mixing some dance again, and
> maybe get involved in doing some mixes for Power 96 HD. For
> those who have forgotten, DJ LAZ used to do Dance
> Mixes,,,And Urban,,,, for Power back in the day,,,I beleive
> he is still at Power, doing Hip Hop and Reggae mixes. He
> also produced some of his own music, He had a breakbeat
> Track called RED ALERT,,,Not to be confused with the K-5
> version of Red Alert.
>
Usually though when people make fun of cheesy DJs in Miami his name is one of the first to come up. Then all the other Power 96 DJs are mentioned like DJ Zog, and everybody starts laughing. THEN people remember the cheesy nightclubs Power 96 would broadcast from, like Club Deep in SoBe, or Baja Beach Club in Ft. Lauderdale ("ladies, check your underwear at the door" LOL).

DJ Laz, AKA The pimp with the limp, is pretty well known in Florida for both his Miami Bass/Booty tracks, and for a few Breakbeat tunes. He's a fun DJ to listen to on the radio, but I don't see him going back to Dance.

> Laz was amazing back in the day. He's not a one-dimensional
> DJ, so it'd be interesting if he agreed to start mixing
> dance for Power 96 again.

Yeah, I disagree with CHRles post above... I do see him possibly doing dance mixes for WPOW-HD2. I don't see why not... he's still with the station, he's definitely one of the best mixers in Miami (let alone Florida or even the entire country), and his name is still widely known (and not at all entirely negatively) in the area. The fact of WPOW-HD2 just existing is enough to make me consider buying an HD radio, but if Laz were to do dance again, it wouldn't even be a question. I'd buy one just to hear him mix again.<P ID="signature">______________
"Get educated. Read stuff on the web and believe all of it."
-- Phil Hendrie
http://theradioblog.blogspot.com</P>

> > Laz was amazing back in the day. He's not a
> one-dimensional
> > DJ, so it'd be interesting if he agreed to start mixing
> > dance for Power 96 again.
>
> Yeah, I disagree with CHRles post above... I do see him
> possibly doing dance mixes for WPOW-HD2. I don't see why
> not... he's still with the station, he's definitely one of
> the best mixers in Miami (let alone Florida or even the
> entire country), and his name is still widely known (and not
> at all entirely negatively) in the area. The fact of
> WPOW-HD2 just existing is enough to make me consider buying
> an HD radio, but if Laz were to do dance again, it wouldn't
> even be a question. I'd buy one just to hear him mix again.

I'm with you both. Great mixer, and would love to see him mixing dance again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom