• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Disney songs on soft AC

Which songs that were featured in Disney movies are played on Soft AC stations?

Circle of Life
Beauty and the Beast
Colors of the Wind
Can You Feel The Love Tonight
You’ll Be In My Heart
A Whole New World
Go the Distance

Last edited:
Songs from movie and TV soundtracks were big in the '80s and '90s in general. For example, the theme song to "Friends", which some stations played several times a row, inspiring the Rembrandts to record a full-length version of it.

Songs from movie and TV soundtracks were big in the '80s and '90s in general. For example, the theme song to "Friends", which some stations played several times a row, inspiring the Rembrandts to record a full-length version of it.
Yes, but let's not start with the "thread drift" so soon! The OP wants Disney titles.

Didn't the Tokens' "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" get a resurgence in popularity because of "Lion King"?
I can't wait for the popularity of that song to re-surge because Channing Tatum sung it in "Dog"!

I have heard 'Once Upon a Time in New York City' by Huey Lewis, once - it was on the old adult contemporary format at KSRW in Independence/Bishop CA, 92.5 'Sierra Wave', now alternative/classic rock. That was from 'Oliver & Company.'
Elton John's 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' from The Lion King probably gets the most airplay of those songs, to this day.

'You'll Be in My Heart' (Tarzan) Phil Collins used to be a regular on AC stations, but that's been thrown out as AC has gone upbeat. Same with 'Circle of Life' Elton John, also from The Lion King.

Did 'True to Your Heart' 98 Degrees ever get airplay? (Mulan)

Betting my regular Soft AC streamer, KMGK 'Smooth Magic 107' Glenwood MN plays these songs if I listen long enough. They have a massive, massive playlist of 1950s-2000s soft hits, soft R&B, even TV theme songs. I heard the *L.A. LAW* instrumental theme last night!

I have heard 'Once Upon a Time in New York City' by Huey Lewis, once - it was on the old adult contemporary format at KSRW in Independence/Bishop CA, 92.5 'Sierra Wave', now alternative/classic rock. That was from 'Oliver & Company.'
Elton John's 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' from The Lion King probably gets the most airplay of those songs, to this day.

'You'll Be in My Heart' (Tarzan) Phil Collins used to be a regular on AC stations, but that's been thrown out as AC has gone upbeat. Same with 'Circle of Life' Elton John, also from The Lion King.

Did 'True to Your Heart' 98 Degrees ever get airplay? (Mulan)

Betting my regular Soft AC streamer, KMGK 'Smooth Magic 107' Glenwood MN plays these songs if I listen long enough. They have a massive, massive playlist of 1950s-2000s soft hits, soft R&B, even TV theme songs. I heard the *L.A. LAW* instrumental theme last night!
I discovered that KMGK on my "Simple Radio" app, the first song I heard when I started streaming was the theme to "Petticoat Junction",. I knew right away this station was different! Interesting mix of music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom