• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Disney considering selling cable channels to A&E

That was before they settled the strike. They better like the streamers because that's how they get paid.
Consider that A&Es content is on Dplus but I remember Lifetime has GMA's Robin Roberts has producing some content and the Disney Channel original movie Decendants 2 on both Lifetime and Lifetime Movies. Hearst does have TV stations too so it's feels that Hearst had a better relationship with Disney since the latter bought ABC in 1996.

Why are you presuming the sale already happened when it’s nothing more than a rumor? And a rumor that is easily disputed?
Why? Because here anyone can describe the most unlikely or improbable events, just like at a sports bar!

This is interesting though given that Nexstar and Allen Media in the past month has been brought up as candidates to get some of the Disney owned outlets like Disney owned ABC affiliates were brought up in that one like KABC, KGO, WLS, WABC, KTRK, WTVD, KFSN and WPVI. But it was all in talks though and it was tied to Disney boosting attention to their TV apps like Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu.

This is interesting though given that Nexstar and Allen Media in the past month has been brought up as candidates to get some of the Disney owned outlets like Disney owned ABC affiliates were brought up in that one like KABC, KGO, WLS, WABC, KTRK, WTVD, KFSN and WPVI. But it was all in talks though and it was tied to Disney boosting attention to their TV apps like Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu.
Im sure that ABC News and its affiliates is coming soon to Disney Plus just ask Peacock with NBC News and Paramount Plus with CBS News.

Kicking the "700 Club" problem down the road to A&E, eh? Maybe they'll finally find a way to dump that show from Freeform once and for all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "The 700 Club" contractual obligation attached to the transponder regardless of programming? If so, why not swap Freeform and FXX, thus parking "The 700 Club" on FXX and selling it to a Christian broadcaster? Obviously the FXX programming will be replaced with Christian and/or "wholesome" programming (you can figure out what I mean by "wholesome").

Attachments

• 12143472_KGO_ABC-ABC7-NEWS-HULU-HYBRID_HORIZ.png
    12143472_KGO_ABC-ABC7-NEWS-HULU-HYBRID_HORIZ.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "The 700 Club" contractual obligation attached to the transponder regardless of programming? If so, why not swap Freeform and FXX, thus parking "The 700 Club" on FXX and selling it to a Christian broadcaster? Obviously the FXX programming will be replaced with Christian and/or "wholesome" programming (you can figure out what I mean by "wholesome").
I guess that means the end of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".

Well Disney already did that by putting ABC News and the Disney owned ABC affiliates on Hulu.
wait till its available on Disney Plus next year because we seen DWTS already after moving back to ABC, also Disney Plus will inherit Hulu+Live TV carrying 3rd party channels outside of Disney and Hearst.

Back
Top Bottom